2 star: Below average; not recommended
3 star: Average; performs as advertised but not inspiring
4 star: Good; worth the money
5 star: Great; best of its kind on the market

Review by Smeg36
Review Date / February 9th, 2007

Attached Image

Intro

Vaja cases have been a leading name in PDA, Smartphone, and Cell phone cases for many years. With every new case they design they solidify their reputation. With the Classic case for the Motorola Q, one of the thinnest Smartphones available, Vaja has the challenge of keeping a small phone small while offering ultimate style and protection. So can they meet that challenge and keep up their streak of great cases?

Attached Image

Design

The Classic case for the Motorola Q is designed to live up to the Vaja name, and protect the phone while limiting the bulk added to it. In this aspect it's a home run. The case is everything I have come to expect out of Vaja. It's a perfect fit on the phone. There isn't a single part that bubbles off or is slightly off. It's had perfect alignment with the phone's functions and ports. Everything but the battery is accessible while in the case. The thin leather used in the Classic case series ensures you get great protection while limiting the bulk to the thin Q. Overall thickness of the phone is increased by 4mm, from 11mm to 15mm, when in the case. And of course, as with all Vaja cases, you get the highly addictive leather smell. I just can't get over that leather smell.

Attached Image

Customizable

Vaja is known for their customizable options on top of their quality. The Classic case for the Q is no exception to this. You get thirteen different color options, three belt clip options, and the ability to add a text or graphic personalization. You can check out Vaja Choice for the full spectrum of customizable options. The case I received is the Chocolate with no belt clip. It's perfect for slipping in and out of my shirt pocket while at work. Vaja also makes a case for the Motorola Q with the extended battery for those who need extended use and want a stylish case as well.

Attached Image

Issues?

The only issue I've found with the case comes from the plastic screen protector. This is a tricky area of cell phone cases. I've had some cheap cases with horrible screen protectors that stick to the screen, scratch easily, and make it almost unreadable. The Vaja isn't one of these. The plastic used is a thicker variety that doesn't stick to the screen at all. This is the good. The bad is the ease with which it scratches. In just a few days of use as the sole item in my front shirt pocket, the protector had noticeable scratches on it (see pic. below). I've been assured by Vaja that the material used in the screen protector was carefully chosen among many options, and was the best overall material available. To be fair, when the screen is on I can't see any of the scratches, and that is far better than having it stick to the screen.

Attached Image

Conclusion

The Classic case for the Motorola Q lives up to Vaja high standards and expectations. If you want your Q permanently in a case this is one to seriously consider. The screen protector does scratch rather easily, but it isn't noticeable with the screen on, and that's far better than having it stick to the screen. With customization options available everyone should be satisfied that they have a unique case to suit their personality.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:26 AM