IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Review :: Sena Palm Treo 700 Tan Croco MagnetFlipper Case, Rating 4.5 out of 5
smeg36
post Jan 20 2007, 04:22 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Palm Treo 700 Series Tan Croco MagnetFlipper Case
By Sena Cases
MGN Rating -

Rating Legend

1 star: Find something else; save your money
2 star: Below average; not recommended
3 star: Average; performs as advertised but not inspiring
4 star: Good; worth the money
5 star: Great; best of its kind on the market

Review by Smeg36
Review Date / January 22nd, 2007

Attached Image

Intro

Sena continues to deliver innovative, quality design and style with their new Croco line of cases. The Treo 700 series MagnetFlipper offers convenience and style along with a slim fit, and now has even more customization available options.

Attached Image

Design

The design of this case is by far one of the best looking I've held. The Croco leather just looks cool. There's no question about it. I looked good walking down the street both dressed up for work, and wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The case just fit with anything I wore. One measure of my cases comes when I go to work. I'm a school teacher, and my students are always amused and involved with every review I write. When I got the Sena Croco case they reached a consensus; it's the most stylish case I've owned. I have to agree. The Croco look just can't be beat in my book. One great thing about the Sena flip cases that differs from most other leather cases is the magnet closure. It's just so simple and efficient. No need to snap the flap closed or fumble with it when you receive a call. A simple flick of the flap will detach the magnets.

Attached Image

Belt Clip

The belt clip on the MagnetFlipper is identical to that of the LeatherSkin I previously reviewed. Here is a quote from that review:

The belt clip is a high end clip common among the high end cases. It is very secure and my 700w never once came off. It requires the device be inserted or removed at a sideways 90 degree angle. So you have to turn the device sideways to remove it from the clip, preventing accidental removal.

Attached Image

Options

The Treo 700 Series MagnetFlipper offers 26 different variations. There's cases with and without the belt clip, a multitude of colors to choose from, and of course the Croco and standard leather options. With all the different options available, you should have no trouble finding one that suits each individual.

Attached Image

Value

Sena continues to offer high-quality cases at reasonable prices. The Treo 700 Tan Croco MagnetFlipper Case costs $59.99, far cheaper than most of the luxury leather cases. If that seems too expensive, you can always opt for the standard MagnetFlipper without a belt clip for $46.99. Either way you'll be getting style and protection for a very reasonable price.

Attached Image

Issues?

Again, the issues of this case are similar to the LeatherSkin case previously reviewed. Here's the quote from that review:

So are there any problems with the Sena case? I only found a couple problems, and they are more of an annoyance than an actual issue. First, the borders of the case around the screen don't sit flush. They bow out a little on either side, as you can see in the picture below. The second part of the case that bothered me is a similar problem. The case bubbles up a little around the side volume buttons. Both of these problems are a result of the nice soft leather that the Sena case is made of. The soft leather has it's benefits and downfalls.

There is one issue unique to the MagnetFlipper with the belt clip. Although I loved the magnet closure, there were times that I'd look down and see the case hanging on my belt with the flap down. While not a huge issue, it did get annoying at times.

Attached Image

Conclusion

Sena Cases continue to offer stylish leather cases to protect our toys without breaking the bank. The various options available for the MagnetFlipper cases offer customization and options. As with everything, it isn't perfect. There are some minor issues, but they are more of an annoyance than a deal breaker. At $59.99, the Croco case offers ultimate style to encase your 700 series Treo.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:57 AM