Rating Legend
1 star: Find something else; save your money
2 star: Below average; not recommended
3 star: Average; performs as advertised but not inspiring
4 star: Good; worth the money
5 star: Great; best of its kind on the market

Review by abatis
Review Date / May 21st, 2006

When I bought the Samsung i730 six months ago it came with a bulky pouch styled case from Verizon. I never used it because of the size and style. Recently I saw several updates on our MobileGadgetNews site by JAVOedge regarding various cases. I was not using a case with my Samsung i730 but since updating it to the official Verizon WM5 ROM (Hats off to Verizon) I have decided to keep the phone. After six months of use I finally decided to protect it it with a case.

I ordered JAVOedge case model PLEA-91137-C01B01 which is black and has a detachable belt clip. The case cost $34.95 plus $5.75 for shipping. The black case has white stitching and I had second thoughts about the stitching until the case arrived. The stitching is really nice and accents the case.

The case arrived in an outer box via priority mail and was well protected by the JAVO packaging.
Attached Image

The front of the case shows the quality leather and detail, including stitching and perforated leather accent.
Attached Image

This photo shows the back of the case. The case comes with the belt clip post removed. It is easy to screw in and use the belt clip if you desire.
Attached Image

The case has a slim design as shown in the side view.
Attached Image

To insert the phone in the case, slide the i730 open to expose the key pad and slip the keypad into the plastic protector. The keys still work great through the plastic protector.
Attached Image

The case comes with slots for 3 credit cards/drivers license and 2 SD cards located on the inner flap. The slots are a tight and hold the cards firmly.
Attached Image

Here is a view from the side with the phone inserted.
Attached Image

This photo shows the case and phone with the front flap open
Attached Image

With the front flap folded and the belt attachment installed, the package is still compact.
Attached Image

Here is a photo showing the slim JAVOedge case compared to the bulky Verizon case.
Attached Image

Overall I really like the JAVOEDGE case for the Samsung i730. It is stylish, reasonably priced at $34.95 and functional. My only complaint with the case is once inserted into the plastic retainer the button lock slider located on the side of the phone is blocked by material. This is not the end of the world since you can unlock the buttons on the i730 by sliding the phone open to expose the keypad. My wife saw the case and commented on how nice it looked. She than asked me "When did you get that phone?"

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:35 AM