1 star: Find something else; save your money
2 star: Below average; not recommended
3 star: Average; performs as advertised but not inspiring
4 star: Good; worth the money
5 star: Great; best of its kind on the market

Review by c0w
Review Date / March 8th, 2006

Attached Image

I've recently had the priviledge of reviewing a leather case by Piel Frama. When I got my 700w, the first thought was what kind of case was I going to get to carry around this awesome device. After looking around for some quality and professional looking cases, one caught my eye, Piel Frama, a leather case manufacturing company based in Spain. They have been making high quality leather cases since 1948 and guarantees that each individual case has been handmade by their expert craftsmen. They don't just make PDA or Phone cases but for almost every handheld device across the board (Camera, Notebooks, Tablet PCs, Industrial...). Luckily they were generous enough to send me a Treo 700w case for review!

Attached ImageAttached Image

In the past I've purchased cases and holsters where the product was expensive but the packaging was rather cheap which kinda made the product also feel a little cheap. For Piel Frama I was really impressed by their nice packaging which added to the feel of the high quality product I had in my hands.

The case is made from very high quality leather that is real soft which you can definitely feel the quality. The leather used in making this case comes from very high quality, so the small marks or scars that you can see on the leather are signs of its authenticity. The handmade case wraps around the top of the phone protecting the screen and body of the phone. The case allows access to the buttons on the side, the volume and side button (with cover closed) and headphone jack. When the cover is opened, the leather covers around the screen and keyboard. There is a magnet enclosed in the tip of the case and the back that holds the case closed. Its really convenient in the fact that you can easily open the case and access your phone when you get a call.

The case has a rotable belt clip that can be easily removed, which is a really great option for those of you who like to have the phone in your pocket without anything poking you.

The inside of the cover of the phone has two pouches to hold your SD cards.

The only problem I had with the case was the alignment at bottom opening that allows access to the connectors was a tiny bit off so the leather would sometimes get in the way of the cable connector. I also think it would be great if the case was a little tiny bit tighter.

In conclusion I think this is one of the best cases out for the Treo 700w. It's high level of quality craftsmen is evident in the feel and design of the case. The case protects almost the entire body of the phone and has a very professional look to it. The case goes for 60 Euros, about $71 US dollars, which would be the only factor discouraging anyone from getting one. For a high quality case, this is definitely worth the buck! It's offered in three different types of leathers: cowskin, cowskin-crocodile. Also comes in 4 different colors, Black, Tan, Black/Tan, and Red.

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Click here to check it out!

--------------------
Editor | Super Moderator
Devices: HTC Mogul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 8 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Nice.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 8 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I've always considered Piel Frama, Vaja, and Sena to be the top 3 case makers out there. I've already reviewed the Vaja, and should be getting a Sena soon, so it's nice to read your thoughts on the Piel. Thanks.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:58 AM