Rating Legend

1 star: Find something else; save your money
2 star: Below average; not recommended
3 star: Average; performs as advertised but not inspiring
4 star: Good; worth the money
5 star: Great; best of its kind on the market

Review by Sean
Review Date / Feb 28th, 2006

If you are looking for a nice case, Sena has the ticket for you. I had the chance to check out the case for the iPAQ 6500 series and one for the Blackberry 8700 C recently. Here is the first review of two, this one for the 6500.

The first thing you will notice when you receive a Sena case is the fine packaging. Each and every one comes in a nice looking box and inside the case is in a cloth drawstring bag.

Attached Image

Attached Image

This particular case is the HP iPAQ hw65XX Black-Blue Case with the Ultra Belt Clip. It retails for $50 which is a significant price but it exudes quality.

Attached Image

Attached Image

The general specs are as follows:
Slim Design
Magnetic closure
3 Credit Card Slots
2 SD card slots
ULTRA belt-clip (optional)
1 Multi-purpose pocket
SD card slot and mini SD card slot openings
Headphone jack opening
Camera Opening
Microphone and IR port opening

Once the phone is in place, there are openings for all the buttons and ports you could need to access.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

On the back is the mount for the ULTRA belt clip. If you have never had a case with this clip, it is absolutely the best clip of it's type. It is sturdy and locks on your belt rock solid. I have never lost an ULTRA clip off my belt, I can not say that same for most others I have tried.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

The cover flap is magnetic and closes nicely. Under normal use, I don't think it will be popping open on you. One thing I would have liked to see but was not present was a way to use the stock plastic screen cover in conjunction with the case. Inside the cover is slots for business or credit cards and a pair of SD cards.

Attached Image

There are several high quality case manufacturers out there. The top three in my book are Sena, Vaja, and Krusell. All three fall at different price points. This is a fine example of a premium case and I love the look. The stitching and quality of the leather is exceptional. Highly recommended.

Visit SenaCases.com for more info on this and other models.

--------------------
Sean Murphy
Editor
Mobile Gadget News

Main Devices - Cingular 8125, Sony/Ericsson GC83 Edge Card, PSP, Creative ZEN PMC, iPod Nano, Mobile Crossing BT GPS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 1 2006, 03:03 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Thanks. I've always considered Sena to be one of the top names in case manufacturers as well, although I'd include Piel Frama up there as well. Sena has always been my perfect quality to price ratio though. They aren't TO expensive, but they still have great cases.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:41 AM