1 star: Find something else; save your money
2 star: Below average; not recommended
3 star: Average; performs as advertised but not inspiring
4 star: Good; worth the money
5 star: Great; best of its kind on the market

Review by Smeg36
Review Date / February 23rd, 2006

Attached Image

Before I ever even purchase a new device I start looking for the perfect case for it. In most instances I try to have a case in hand the day the device arrives. So when I began considering a Palm Treo 700w I started looking for the perfect case. I have owned a couple classic model Vaja cases in the past, and always check out their site when getting a new device. With every device I get I hope and pray Vaja will have an i-volution case for it. The Treo 700w was the first device I've owned that an i-volution case existed for, and I knew I had to get one. Check out Vaja's Treo 700w case line here.

Attached Image

Vaja, based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, designs custom crafted cases for a large variety of devices. Their cases are made to order, and as such have a production time so Vaja can custom craft your case to the chosen color and clip design. You would imagine that shipping from Argentina to the USA would take some time. Quite the contrary, I was very impressed with Vaja's fast shipping. I received the case within two days of shipping.

Attached Image

The i-volution case is a hard leather case that is custom designed to each individual device. They fit like a glove, and are the epitome of style and quality. The case is well thought out and allows access to every function of the 700w without removing it from the case. There are only a couple possible reasons to remove it from the case. You can't put it in a cradle while in a Vaja case, and you need to remove it from the case to access the reset hole under the battery door.

Attached Image

As you can see from the pictures, every part of the 700w is accessible while in the case. The screen and keyboard are both easily usable with the case on. I was a little worried that the bottom of the case would inhibit the bottom row of keys on the keyboard, but it doesn't get in the way at all. The sync and charge port, mic hole, headset jack, camera, speaker, volume, earpiece, status indicator light, and side buttons are all available in the case. This case is really designed to fit the device perfectly and allow full use while it is on.

Attached Image

One of the notable aspects of Vaja is their variety of custom options. I counted 62 different color options from standard black, like my review model, to all colors of the rainbow. They offer Plain Caterina (one color for the whole case) and Combined Caterina (two separate colors for the front and back). There are four different belt clip options; no clip (like my review case), Ultra Clip (a standard belt clip), a rivet pin, and a Rivet Clip system. You can get your name or company logo embossed on the case as well. There is one certainty when ordering from Vaja, you can create a unique case that is unmistakable from any other.

Attached Image

There are only a couple things I would consider negatives about the case. First is the exposed screen. If you get a belt clip version of the case, the screen will be face out exposed to any desk edges you might run into. If that is a real concern of yours you should check out the Vaja PA163. The second possible drawback is price. The Vaja T7 case does cost a pretty penny starting at $90. You know the old saying though, you get what you pay for. In this case it is 100% true. You'll be getting one of the highest quality cases ever.

Attached Image

To conclude, this is the highest quality case I've ever had the pleasure to have wrapped around my phone. The design, quality, thought, and effort that goes into making the Vaja i-volution T7 case are obviously evident. They have a large number of designs and colors to choose from catering to a large demography of customers. The price and open screen may detract some users from purchasing this case, but if you are considering a Vaja I highly recommend purchasing one. Maybe even two or three if you want different colors to match your mood.

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
motoini
post Feb 25 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,343
Phone: MPx200

That is a very nice looking case. Any discounts available for site members?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 25 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

It is a very nice case. No discount available yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 2 2006, 01:06 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I got a request for more pictures showing closeups of how the case fit around the keyboard. Well, here they are. Any other specific picture requests?

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:13 AM