Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> T-Mobile drop its free WAP access?
PaulK
post May 10 2006, 03:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,646

Just recently (last few months) I noticed I am no longer able to surf the net or connect my Agile messenger anymore on my MPx220. I changed absolutely nothing from several months back when it worked and nothing works now. Just using the standard wap.voicestream APN, no WAP proxy needed. I logged onto my t-mobile and could have sworn my plan used to say free WAP included. Have they completely dropped it now as I can no longer get online anymore? If I add a WAP proxy I get the damn signup page for t-mobileweb and t-zones.. what gives?

This post has been edited by PaulK: May 10 2006, 03:23 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post May 10 2006, 04:54 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Wow, you were still getting it until that recently? Be happy you got it for that long! You must not have made any changes to your plan in a while. Did you call T-Mobile or change your plan at all close to when it stopped working? The free WAP has been gone for a couple years now. It stopped working for me around that time when I changed my plan minutes, and they were able to remove it. You'll need to get at least the $5.99 plan to get online.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
PaulK
post May 11 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,646

damn.. one of the things thats kept me with them so long now gone.. I added the 5.99 plan and set the WAP proxy to 8080 and HTTP and then IE connects to WAP network... this works for IE but nothing else "agile etc" so if i only had access to the WAP APN before how did they impose the firewall restrictions? anyway to run all traffic bound for the net through a socks proxy running on my home machine? anyone scanned to see what ports are open?

This post has been edited by PaulK: May 11 2006, 05:01 AM

+Quote Post
Batzerto
post May 18 2006, 07:09 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,059
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

How did you set the proxy in IE? I don't see an option to do that. I'm using an HP IPAQ 6515 (WM2003).

+Quote Post
oaky8
post Jan 1 2009, 03:37 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 16,779
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: T-Mobile
Secondary Carrier: Other
PocketPC: None

idk if your talking about the t-zones thing, were you could check your account and all that, but i had that on my phone like a month or two back, but i lost phone and now have unlocked blackjack so i cant get the t zones page any more.

i have been using the net on this phone and am scared im going to get billed like a billion dollars cuz i used the internet for a while the other day and it was on the gprs setting, i don't have any data plan sad.gif!
if its on the wap setting that wont be free anymore either?!

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jan 1 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #6

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Be sure to go to your account online and check for data charges. It can be killer if you don't have a data plan.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:29 PM