Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Verizon good?
novachick
post Jul 30 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,303

i'm currently a t-mobile user and my contract is almost up. i wanted to know is verizon better than t-mobile when it comes to service?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jul 30 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Name a cellular provider and you will find people who love them AND people who loathe them. So much depends on coverage in your area and if you ever have a problem or, not...and how customer service handles (or does not handle) it. It's a tough question to answer and you'd probably be well served asking around in your immediate community of friends and acquaintances to see if anyone has experience with both locally to get a better idea what your experience may be. Also, do they both offer a device and/or plan that you want? That is a real big factor when deciding. Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jul 31 2007, 03:33 AM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Overall I liked Verizon but it is a bit pricier than the Sprint Sero plans. Verizon has the EVDO network that is superior in speed to T-Mobile, and the other GSM operator. The disadvantage of a CDMA operator like Verizon (and Sprint) is changing devices is a bit of a hassle. If you want great coverage and fast downloads Verizon or Sprint are good choices in the USA.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
Jim M
post Aug 30 2007, 01:53 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,337
Phone: Palm Treo
Carrier: Verizon
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: Cowon iAudio

QUOTE (novachick @ Jul 30 2007, 03:19 PM) *
i'm currently a t-mobile user and my contract is almost up. i wanted to know is verizon better than t-mobile when it comes to service?

Just switched to VZW from TM.

My TM service was pitiful - missed calls from my wife and four children TM service phones all the time with voice mail being delivered three days later along with missed call notification after I listened to VM in an area on NY that is supposed to be strong coverage.

Same with business calls from out of network callers.

Email was spotty for both work and play. Messaging was iffy unless I used my notebook and logged onto My TM and sent text message from their site.

Haven't missed a call from them on my Palm Treo running WM 5.0 yet, unfriggin believable. Email is perfect wfor work and personal accounts, text is flawlessly on time.

Something is amiss with TM service cause I refuse to beleive as many do that it is the phone itself causing the issues.

VM and missed call notification is service related usually.

Try it, you'll like it - I do. smile.gif

--------------------
Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 5, SDW11G -- SDIO 802.11b/g Wireless LAN SD Card, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, TREO Alerts, TC Reset, Resco Explorer 2007, Spb Pocket Plus 3.2, IM+, SKTools, Sprite Backup 5.0, Risidoro Intent MIDlet Manager, TCPMP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:26 AM