IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Verizon Wireless has expanded its coverage in Wyoming through an agreement with competitor Alltel
abatis
post Dec 25 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #1

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

For Verizon customers out West cell coverage in certain parts of Wyoming are lacking. Alltel has much broader coverage in the State of Wyoming than Verizon. Verizon customers can now use the Alltel network in Wyoming by doing the simple one time update described below. There are no additional charges according to the Casper Star-Tribune outside of your normal phone plan. I performed the over the wire upgrade on my Samsung i730 (Windows Mobile 5.0) phone and it processed fine.

To get expanded Wyoming coverage just:

Dial *228 from your phone and select option 2. It takes several seconds while the phone is programmed and you receive a confirmation message when the programming is finished. Mine even showed a nice little blue check box in the header next to the network symbol.

Your phone will first look for a Verizon tower but if not available you will be switched to Alltel for better coverage and no extra charges. Thank Verizon for offering better customer coverage for those of us who travel to Wyoming.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:06 PM