post Nov 10 2007, 12:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,889
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: o2
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Creative

Here's what I believe is a complicated one...

Does anyone remember interactive text games from the 80's and early 90's? They're just that - text, and you have to type statements or whatever to make the story progress. I know, it sounds dull, compared to my new NES Emulater w/ 200+ games, but still - I really like the old interactive Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy interactive game I played on my Radio Shack Tandy 1000 SL back in the day. haha I've even found one for my MacBook, but still, I'd like to play it on my Blackjack.

Ok, I've scoured the internet and I've tried AT LEAST twenty-something text game interpreters, some that even said they were specifically for WM5 devices. But it either doesn't work, or I get a '...is not a valid Windows CE..." error message. (Yes, I have run AppUnlock!)

Has anyone ever heard of these "interpreters"? They are basically programs that run text games with a '.Z5' extension. (ie. HitchHik.Z5 for my game) The interpreter is the equivalent of SNESTER for playing Nintendo ROMs.

If anyone has a good one that they know works, or has any ideas for something I may be doing wrong, please hit me with it here!

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Nov 10 2007, 02:56 AM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Wow, another HitchHiker Fan. The first time I played was back in 1985/86 when I bought an Apricot F1. Now I have an Apricot F2 that actually works and I can run all the old stuff on (at least Apricot version of DOS). I have found PC emulators/interpretors that will play the old software on my PC but to date have not found a CE player for the likes of HitchHiker. Very cool stuff and now you have me looking.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:21 PM