Eddyj90
post Dec 22 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,165
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: iPod Nano

Yeah I am using T9 right now. It actually is pretty good. But the problem is sometimes, I write texts in french. What do I do in that case? Just switch to ABC?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 22 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #22

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

You could do that. But, also, check to see if your phone has T9 French on it. Press and hold the * key (like you could do to switch between T9 mode and Abc) then look further down the list for "T9 Languages". Mine has 10 languages built into it and French is one of 'em. After I selected it, position number 4 now says T9 French instead of T9 English.

I just tried typing "raison d'etre" (since I just used that term in another post) and I typed r-a-i-s-o and then the phone figured out to add the "n". LOL But, very cool, was when I typed etre...it knew to put the ^ over the "e". All the accents are there for you - automatically. The ` is there too.

Bon chance, mes amis! wink.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
Eddyj90
post Dec 23 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #23

No, I don't seem to have the French option.

I bought the Smartphone notes program for my phone. How do I get it to sync with outlook?

This post has been edited by Eddyj90: Dec 23 2006, 04:39 AM

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 23 2006, 06:12 AM
Post #24

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

I don't know. I've never used that app. Use the "search" feature in the upper right hand corner of this window (not the Google search - although, that might be helpful too). Once the "search" page comes up enter what you want to search for and you might come up with the answer you're looking for. You'll probably see other things of interest to read up on while you're there.

If you search and can't find your answer, then make a new post like you did for this thread. Make the subject clear/specific what you need help with and hopefully you'll get a response. Don't simply say something like "help". Say "how do I get Notes to sync?"

Drag that your phone doesn't have French built-in. So, yes, you have to switch to Abc mode and tap it out manually. dry.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
Eddyj90
post Dec 23 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #25

Thank you so much for your help. As soon as I have a question, I know where to come smile.gif

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Dec 25 2006, 09:02 AM
Post #26

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 9,763
Phone: Cingular 8125

is theRe a ram cleaner programs for smartphones like the 1 for computers

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 25 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #27

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Have you checked out CeleTask? I think it does what you want it to do and you can use it to easily remap the right soft key to CloseApps (a free download from Oxios - their Memory programs). Or, you can just use it by itself to manage memory.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eddyj90
post Dec 25 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #28

I was talking to my dad. He has a BlackJack. Both of our phones have a plastic screen, making it scratchable. We both use cases. He doesnt use screen protectors because he likes the beauty of his screen, and sees that theres no risk when its in a case. Is my dad crazy? Or is it worth removing my screen protector?

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Dec 26 2006, 05:47 AM
Post #29

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

T9 is a Godsend for text imput. It will even auto add words to the dictionary. It makes life so much easier when composing a quick email or an SMS.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 26 2006, 07:19 AM
Post #30

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Eddyj90- does the screen protector on your phone now bother you in some way? Why would you take it off if all it's doing is protecting your phone's screen? If the protector is an issue, don't be bashful, post the brand name so those of us in the market to purchase screen protection (like me!) know which one to avoid.

Another thing to consider is the better condition your phone is in - the better resale value it will have when/if you decide to sell it and move on to a different phone (theoretically).

Gyryphon- a 3125 is now part of our family wink.gif and the thing that surprised me the most was how fast I can "type" on it! Due to the flat keypad I can use both my thumbs like I would on a device with a qwerty keypad. Add that to T9, and the thing flies! Have you noticed the same thing? I was not expecting this at all and have been really pleased with this aspect of the phone.

On the subject of screen protection...do you have one (actually, two - one inside and one outside) on your 3125? Those of us who had the MPx200 and 220 probably all recall the keys self-marring the screen. Clearly the 3125 doesn't have "keys" but I can see the keypad defined on the screen sometimes - presumably just in the residue from face oils. It wipes off cleanly - so far. The 3125 has the best (by far) screen that I've seen and I really want to keep it looking great. I know I want protection for the outside screen for sure (we still have the protection on it that it shipped with) but am not sure what to do with the inside one? Will protection take away some of the WOW that it has now (like Eddyj90's dad thinks will happen to his Blackjack) or is there really a product out there that protects and is basically invisible?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eddyj90
post Dec 27 2006, 02:08 AM
Post #31

Well, I'm only 16, and I'll probably get an upgrade or buy myself a new phone (working right now at William Sonoma). But its just that the screen is probably so nice without the screen protector.

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 27 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #32

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

The screen protector is removable and re-useable if you want to see what it looks like off and then want to put it back on. Ain't nobody gonna tell you what to do, you have to decide what it's worth to you. The phone you're using is already not a new phone (though, still desireable) so by the time you get done using it - how much will it be worth? Who knows? But, it will always be worth a bit more with a scratch free screen compared to one with scratches. But, if when you're done using it you just put it in a drawer and forget about it and aren't concerned with resale - or, what might happen to it while you're still using it - then remove it.

There's no right or wrong answer, only choices and acceptance of the consequences (if there are any). Using a case is good protection. Using a case and a screen protector is even better protection. Or, is it overkill? You decide.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eddyj90
post Dec 27 2006, 03:29 AM
Post #33

Yeah. Well, I'll see. Thanks.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Dec 27 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #34

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I got a 3 pack off of ebay and they are completly invisable if applied properly. I have both internal and external protected with screen shields.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Dec 28 2006, 06:05 AM
Post #35

Gadget Junkie

i bought a 650 for my pops 4 xmas it came with a really good screen protector that i cut out to fit my 2125 im sure u can get at least 6 good screen protector cuts from that sheet if any1 wants to check it out

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 28 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #36

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Got links?

Gryphon & lil14kid...do you have the name of the brand you used or, a link to a site that sells what you bought? I can't tell from either post which one you have that you like so much!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Dec 29 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #37

Gadget Junkie

its palm brand im sure u can get 1 at staples or best buy its good tho its impossible 2 tell its on

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Dec 29 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #38

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Got mine from an eBay seller by the name of ScreenPatronus. I think they are generic as they didn't come in any real packaging but they weren't expensive (I think like $10.50 for a 3pack) and they work great. Here is what they claim: Crystal Clear, super thin, non-adhesive, washable / reusable, color / image enhanced, touch screen optimized, scratch resistant, anti-dust, bubble free, residue free, waterproof, and 99% UV reduction.

Here is a link to the auction I did. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110043443432

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:45 PM