IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does Opera browser work for you, does the full version of Opera work properly?
STEREODB
post Feb 13 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,356
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

I have been using the trial version of Opera on my 8125 for the past month, and I have alot of issues. If my phone times out with the program running, it will lock up, and only a soft reset will bring it back. Sometimes when I am surfing, it will just shut down, and again I must reset. Is this because it is the trial version, because I cant see paying for a program that is this buggy. I also dont much care for PIE or Minimo. Any comments on what other browsers people use with success would be appreciated.

--------------------
At&t Tilt! (HTC Tytn II) with 4gb MicroSD
Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) with 2gb MiniSD
SMT5600 (HTC Typhoon) with 512mb MiniSD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 13 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I've never left Opera installed for more than a day because I always ended up with issues. I personally prefer PIE, but also really liked Netfront. Thunderhawk is pretty good as well, but requires a subscription, not a one time fee.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
abatis
post Feb 14 2007, 12:01 AM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I have had the same negative experience with Opera as Smeg. I like the Opera mini version on a Java capable phone, but that is the only one that works for me.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 14 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Me too (or, is it three or four or...) Thumbs up for Opera Mini though. I don't prefer it over pIE (since I've reg edited advanced scroll features to make pIE MUCH more user friendly), but as with many things (Mapping options comes to mind immediately) it doesn't hurt to have a "plan B" in place just in case you run across something that just won't load right in one browser - it usually will in the other.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
thezoltar
post Mar 12 2007, 12:42 AM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 736
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel

I've used Opera for WM5 since its beta days and I've never had any problems with it. Its much better than IE and just different from the rest. It has held up great through several ROM upgrades and is probably one of the few programs that never gives me any trouble. I did choke when I had to pay for it cause I'm a free kind of guy, but it was money well spent in my opinion.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:17 AM