IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Download files on the internet using T-Zones?, Is this possible?
KJ_88
post Oct 30 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,581

I just switched to T-mobile and I have the "T-MobileWeb" feature (like $6 a month). I connected my phone as a modem to my computer and webbrowsing and the official MSN Messenger works by going through the t-mobile proxy.

One thing I can't do which I would really like is to download binary files from the internet.
My computer browser times out on the downloads telling me that it cannot connect to the server, and my phone (SMT5600) gives me the messege "Requested entity too large" while trying to download.

Is this possibly by any way with the T-MobileWeb service or do I have to upgrade to the full internet data plan to do this?

This post has been edited by KJ_88: Oct 30 2005, 10:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 31 2005, 01:47 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I think you need to get the Unlimted Internet plan. Honestly, I'm surpised you could even get any tethering to work over the T-Zones. I haven't hear of T-MobileWeb. Is it some new T-Mobile web service? I'll be interested to see how it works, and if people can get online with a cheap plan again.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
KJ_88
post Oct 31 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,581

I believe T-MobileWeb is the new name for T-Zones.

I've heard that if I use a different proxy I should be able to get around the file size download limit.

+Quote Post
latinguy
post May 20 2006, 02:17 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,168
Phone: Voq
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: Dell
MP3 Player: iPod
PMC: Other

QUOTE (KJ_88 @ Oct 30 2005, 05:27 PM) *
I just switched to T-mobile and I have the "T-MobileWeb" feature (like $6 a month). I connected my phone as a modem to my computer and webbrowsing and the official MSN Messenger works by going through the t-mobile proxy...

KJ_88 Thank you!!! blink.gif

I had setup Skype with the HTTP Proxy of 216.155.165.50:8080 (skype chat only, don't try to talk)
but I never thought that MSN would work.
Yahoo Messenger doesn't, but I haven't tried AIM.

I found the skype info and how to get my laptop using my Sony PC Card (edge) to use the T-Zones (I bought it when it was T-Zones, not T-MobileWeb, so I'm one of the lucky ones that still pays $4.99, but I even at $5.99 it's a fantastic price)

Check out this site with more info on how to hook up everything on T-Zones / T-MobileWeb.
T-MobileWeb on the Smartphone or Laptop

Again thanks.

I have Have my laptop on T-Zones / T-MobileWeb and can
A) Surf the web (firefox only)
cool.gif Check my POP3 Email (using outlook express)
C) have Skype Chat working (didn't try,nor want to try the talking)
D) NOW have MSN Messenger working.

I'm toping off at 160kbps (usually it hovers at about 50-70kpbs but sometimes I get lucky and I get the EDGE's top speeds)

The "Binary" limit you're talking about seems to be at any file under 200Kb so that means HUGE sites will simply come back with a "GATEWAY" error, but YOU'RE PAYING $5/month for internet anywhere.

I can live with those limits.

I haven't checked if I have attachments limits (maybe the same 200Kb)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:33 PM