post Feb 20 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #1

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,048
Phone: Other
Carrier: Verizon
PocketPC: Other

I am personally using a SCH i760, LOVE IT very much... by far the best phone that I've ever had, so I am using Verizon which is associated with work etc... I also use a USB720 EVDO Rev. A WWAN device for my notebook, very very fast, and works great.

My wife and the rest of the family is still on AT&T er Cingular AT&T..

She has a Family plan and we have two add on phones with a 1400 minute plan. They combined use around 800 mins a month.

My wife has a Razor and really doesn't like it. She likes my phone, but says she won't use all the fancy stuff. She wants to get a BlackJack II.

I don't know anyone that has one... so I don't know how good it is.

I assume to make any use of it, she will need a data plan. She doesn't have any data at all right now. The data plan looks like it will be $35 more a month.

Only recently she started to really use SMS... her phone has keyboard and the BlackJack looks to have something easier to use... and with data, she could get access to some streaming media stuff. She works in kinda of a back room area with no Internet access so this would be good.

I use the WEB a lot and even use the mobile slingplayer as I have a slingbox in my office at home which is setup just for the purpose (best way to get baseball on the mobile or notebook).

The new BlackJack II has WM6 which is like mine.. which means applications would be similar if she uses any of them... She would be syncing to her own notebook, so there are no conflicts there. The ability to setup POP mail for her email would give her a ton more access than she has now.

Any suggestions on if this would be a good thing or would you suggest another phone instead?

--------------------
Samsung Omnia i910 - Former Samsung SCH i760 (2gb MicroSD) - Former Treo700W user
USB720 WWan Device Rev. A for Remote WWAN Access.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sam81
post Feb 21 2008, 04:20 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,151
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Other
PMC: Other

I recently picked up the Blackjack II after looking at every other device and researching beyond compare. I am very, very happy with this device. It is my first smartphone/pda and would recommend it to anyone. I hope that helps, Sam

+Quote Post
krelvinaz
post Feb 22 2008, 05:30 AM
Post #3

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 3,048
Phone: Other
Carrier: Verizon
PocketPC: Other

I went ahead and bought the phone for her tonight. Should have it in a couple days.

thanks for the info

--------------------
Samsung Omnia i910 - Former Samsung SCH i760 (2gb MicroSD) - Former Treo700W user
USB720 WWan Device Rev. A for Remote WWAN Access.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:32 PM