IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Rebrand" Your Smartphone to Cingular, To change from AT&T branding...
tgshoe
post Jan 29 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,093
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (abatis @ Jan 29 2006, 11:04 AM)
the .001 and .002 are really the gif files packaged for the cab. That is strange that they did not extract completely to just the gif. 

I just tested the above  branding CAB on my Voq and it installed fine.

Did you get a menu that Asked permission to install this program from an unknown source? You need to answer yes.  It than should start installing.

Thank-you for your prompt reply. I am not sure why the gif's did not extract properly the first time maybe a corrupt download, anyway I downloaded the file again copied it to my mpx200 with generic 2002 img and executed it. This time it extracted the .gif files correctly but still showed nothing on bootup or shutdown or the dial screens. Went to PHM reg editor and examined registry entries and they were in fact there and correct except they showed the gif files as being in the storage folder and being that 2002 does not not have storage folder but IPSM folder I just manually changed each entry and all work fine now. Nice branding. Thank-you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thezoltar
post Mar 1 2006, 04:32 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 736
Phone: Cingular Blackjack

tgshoe had it right. I changed the "storage" folder to "IPSM" and my MpX200 is now rebranded. Nice job all, thanks.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 1 2006, 05:08 AM
Post #23

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Good work this helps users with 2002.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
lucasmjl
post Mar 1 2006, 06:28 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 9,076

Abatis,

Thanks for the CAB files, it fixed my data connection. What directory is the splash screen (gif) files in on an SMT5600? I'm not seeing them on startup or shutdown. Thanks.

Mike

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 1 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #25

Site Administrator
Group Icon

-
The CingularB CAB installs them in \Storage\Application Data\Home\cing_splash.gif

If you have a Reg editor you can manually change them to whatever you want just makes sure the pix size is correct.

The Code in the CAB for that part looks like this:

<characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Splash Screen"> - <!-- Carrier Boot Screen --> f(clean); <parm name="MSBitmap" value="\Storage\Application Data\Home\cing_splash.gif" datatype="string" translation="install" /> - <!-- Microsoft Smartphone 2003 shutdown screen --> f(clean); <parm name="MSShutdownBitmap" value="\Storage\Application Data\Home\cing_splash.gif" datatype="string" translation="install" /> - <!-- Microsoft Smartphone 2003 boot screen --> f(clean); <parm name="CarrierBitmap" value="\Storage\Application Data\Home\cing_splash.gif" datatype="string" translation="install" /> </characteristic> - <!-- Speeds up Menus etc. --> f(clean);

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
lucasmjl
post Mar 2 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 9,076

Thanks. I just did a search on my SMT5600 (unlocked) and I don't see the cing_splash.gif. I'll try and find a copy to download.

I changed over to Cingular from AT&T, and like many other who have done the same I am experiencing horrible signal strength. Even when I set Network selection to Manual and set it to AT&T (I get full signal strength!), it still changes over to a Cingular tower "310410" and I'm lucky to see even one tiny bar. I contacted Cingular technical support and they tell me I need to purchase a new smartphone. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Mike

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 2 2006, 02:27 AM
Post #27

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Our CingularB CAB work fine on the SMT5600 as I have loaded two of my own SMt5600's with it. However if for some reason you can't use it here is the Splash PIX if you want to use it. Just right click and save as a picture.

Attached Image

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
nmotu
post Jun 3 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 3,636
Phone: MPx220
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

[font=Arial][size=7]
QUOTE (abatis @ Jan 29 2006, 11:04 AM) *
the .001 and .002 are really the gif files packaged for the cab. That is strange that they did not extract completely to just the gif.

I just tested the above branding CAB on my Voq and it installed fine.

Did you get a menu that Asked permission to install this program from an unknown source? You need to answer yes. It than should start installing.

Just tried these on my Motorola MPx (the dual axis flip one) and it's telling me that these aren't valid Windows CE installation files. The device is unlocked and running Pocket PC 2003

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jun 3 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #29

Site Administrator
Group Icon

The above CABS are for a Smartphone not a PPC like the MPX. This PPC CAB will setup GPRS on Cingular. Attached File  Cingular_USA_PPC_V1.3.zip ( 22.85K ) Number of downloads: 641
. UnZIP it once to expose the CAB and than execute the CAB on your PPC.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:22 AM