IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SDA Outlook Password changes, How can I change password?
pedopete
post Sep 1 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,294
Phone: iMate Smartflip
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: None

I have my SDA updated automatically with my outlook connection at work. But in the quest for security, we have to change our login password every 90 days or so. This screws up the connection between my phone and Outlook. I can't figure out how to get in and change my password on the SDA without setting up a whole new account.
Anybody have a solution?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Sep 1 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Goto Activesync on the phone, hit menu > Configure Server. Then just hit next and you will see the screen with your user name, password, and Domain. That is where you can change your password from. You can also do it from your PC via activesync with your phone connected. For this open activesync on your computer, select tools, then configure server source.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Sep 1 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I don't have the problem the OP is trying to solve, but I just followed the instructions Gryphon gave and they don't match my phone (i-mate SP5m wm5) or my desktop version of Active Sync (4.2.0 Build 4876)...and, I can't find anything similar to what he suggested in either place (phone or AS).

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
pedopete
post Sep 1 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,294
Phone: iMate Smartflip
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: None

QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Sep 1 2006, 12:06 PM) *
Goto Activesync on the phone, hit menu > Configure Server. Then just hit next and you will see the screen with your user name, password, and Domain. That is where you can change your password from. You can also do it from your PC via activesync with your phone connected. For this open activesync on your computer, select tools, then configure server source.

That worked perfect. Thanks for the tip. I was trying to find something via the email setup.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Sep 1 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Sep 1 2006, 11:28 AM) *
I don't have the problem the OP is trying to solve, but I just followed the instructions Gryphon gave and they don't match my phone (i-mate SP5m wm5) or my desktop version of Active Sync (4.2.0 Build 4876)...and, I can't find anything similar to what he suggested in either place (phone or AS).

That is very strange since to my knowledge, OS wise, you and I should have pretty much the same features and options when it comes down to the basic things such as activesync. I too am running Desktop version 4.2. You can also get the options for the exchange server by right clicking it on the sync status/information pane, then just hit settings. Weird though that you have something different. I am just talking about exchange settings by the way, if you don't use exchange then I could see where it would be completly different since there isn't anything set up. blink.gif

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Sep 1 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

[blush]O, i c...sorry, about that. I didn't realize we were talking about exchange stuff. I've never used that so it didn't jump off the page at me that that was what the OP was talking about.[/blush]

In the words of the immortal Gilda Radner as Miss Emily Litella...never mind. rolleyes.gif Pretend I was never here. cool.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:05 AM