IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to strip MDA Vario/Qtek9100/SPV M3000/O2 Mini S?
frank.lui
post Apr 26 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Orange

I know I am a bit addicting. I just cannot stop of thinking to change a new case for my new toy. It was bought as second hand from eBay. I am not happy with the 'daily worn out'. Can someone give me a direction to 'how to strip' manual (if there is one)? I googled but found non.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Apr 26 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (frank.lui @ Apr 26 2007, 05:44 AM) *
I know I am a bit addicting. I just cannot stop of thinking to change a new case for my new toy. It was bought as second hand from eBay. I am not happy with the 'daily worn out'. Can someone give me a direction to 'how to strip' manual (if there is one)? I googled but found non.
Did you find a new shell for your MDA? Or, are you going to paint it or something like that?

Click here for link to service manual.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
frank.lui
post Apr 27 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Apr 26 2007, 06:25 PM) *
Did you find a new shell for your MDA? Or, are you going to paint it or something like that?

Click here for link to service manual.

I had a look at eBay. Not very promising. But I have friends in Far East, I may ask them to source and take over. All those stuff seem to come from Hong Kong or China.

The first thing I could do now is to open and clean front facia, especially the tough screen. This is of course depend on my confidence.

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Apr 27 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Over at Modaco.com I've read about guys painting theirs. Don't know if anyone's done a Wizard specifically though. I think it's some kind of special paint (like they use on model cars & planes etc) that they 'bake' in an oven to get a good hard finish. I have no idea if it holds up since I didn't follow the threads, but did think it was interesting.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
frank.lui
post Apr 27 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Apr 27 2007, 07:12 PM) *
Over at Modaco.com I've read about guys painting theirs. Don't know if anyone's done a Wizard specifically though. I think it's some kind of special paint (like they use on model cars & planes etc) that they 'bake' in an oven to get a good hard finish. I have no idea if it holds up since I didn't follow the threads, but did think it was interesting.

Actually I did similar thing before. I sprayed my Moto V66 to a metalic blue. It was so beautiful. But the problem is it wears quick quickly. I assume the paint is not the special ones.

Had a look at your recommended manual and feel a bit disappointed. I want to try to do something about thr front facia, but it turns out it can only be dismounted after I take everything else apart!

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Apr 28 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

That's usually the way it goes. The one thing you want to do is usually the most difficult. <sigh>

Good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:35 PM