post Jan 20 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Site Administrator

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,609
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

Selecting the "How to play" option from the main menu gives you instructions on how to keep the Crimson Express on track.

The High Scores page is pretty cool. Trains come from the right side of the screen, pulling the high scores behind them.

Ok, enough about the high scores and instructions. Let's talk about the game. The object is to lay as much track as possible in front of the train to keep the train rolling as long as possible. The upper left of the screen shows two pieces of track. The piece on the right is the current piece, and the left piece shows you the next piece that will be available when the current piece is placed.

As pieces are placed you have to keep them arranged to keep the train from running off the track or running into an obstacle like the edge of the board. When the train finally reaches the end of the track you have laid, you can move on to the next level. And each progressive level adds more obstacles to be avoided, and to make your job a little harder.

The game is very well made. All of the functions work as advertised. But is it worth the $5.95 price tag? I think so. Although the object is the same every game, the game is really never the same. Sometimes you get too many turns. Sometimes not enough. And just before the train runs out of track you get that one piece that allows you to put it all together. But if there is any game that can cause you to blow your top out of frustration this one can. When I play it, I have a layout in my mind. But unless the game knows what I want, then my layout never comes out on the game. You just have to be able to think very fast, and you must evaluate what the consequences of every move will be.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:17 AM