Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,102
Phone: SX66/PDA2k
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Other

QUOTE (thebrainp0lice @ Jul 20 2006, 09:36 PM) *
Okay, I have a question and a problem. When using Mobile Ugrade Wizard, I try to flash the first image file but I get an error message saying "Bad News: Software cannot be updated." Does this mean the files I'm using are bad?

Also if I were to go with WM2003, would it be the same process as listed here or could I just use Mobile Upgrade Wizard and flash one image file after the other without doing anything else?

It sounds like you have the wrong WM5 ROM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trader168
post Aug 2 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 13,014
Phone: Cingular 2125
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: Other

QUOTE (ardec1 @ Jul 22 2006, 12:11 AM) *
It sounds like you have the wrong WM5 ROM

I have downloaded a few versions but do not know which one to use and no sure if I got the right one. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
ardec1
post Aug 2 2006, 02:20 AM
Post #43

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (trader168 @ Aug 1 2006, 05:30 PM) *
I have downloaded a few versions but do not know which one to use and no sure if I got the right one. unsure.gif

Drop me an email at:

panielsen@gmail.com

+Quote Post
dosada
post Aug 19 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 13,206

Hello,

i have just bought a used MPX 200 and would like to update it. Everyone says download this download that but no one says where from. I have no software with the phone, absolutely none. Coul someone plesae be so nice and tell me where i get all the stuff needed to get the phone updated.

Thank you

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 19 2006, 02:02 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

It's against the board guidelines to post the files, or links to them, if they aren't officially supported. The files were never officially released, and thus aren't exactly legal to distribute. We'll help you all we can with the technical aspects of the phone, but you're on your own to find the files of questionable legality. Google makes this very easy.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
dosada
post Aug 19 2006, 03:28 AM
Post #46

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Aug 19 2006, 12:02 PM) *
It's against the board guidelines to post the files, or links to them, if they aren't officially supported. The files were never officially released, and thus aren't exactly legal to distribute. We'll help you all we can with the technical aspects of the phone, but you're on your own to find the files of questionable legality. Google makes this very easy.

Is it against the guidelines to send me an email with details to the files or the location where i can find them? Or maybe to PM me?

Thanks

+Quote Post
dosada
post Aug 19 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #47

I have spent the last few hours looking forthose files. No succes at all. If someone could help me by telling me where to get them i would appreciate it. If it violates the guidelines to post it here i am happy with a PM or mail too.

Thanks

+Quote Post
trader168
post Aug 19 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 13,014
Phone: Cingular 2125
MP3 Player: Other

What is the different between Motorola Mobile Upgrade Wizard v. 1.3.0 and Motorola Mobile Upgrade Wizard v. 1.8.3 setup? Which one should be used?

What is the best SD to use in term of capacity and performance? I think 256MB is no enough.

P.S. I took a few weeks to search them .

+Quote Post
dosada
post Aug 19 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #49

I was pretty sure the point of a discussion board is to help each other. If it is against the guideline to share something or even just to say where you can get it how is it OK to explain how to use the software. However, i am new here and it is not my place to set rules, i will ask somewhere where memver really want to help.

+Quote Post
veske
post Aug 21 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 11,066

Hi, I have a great problem with my Motorola MPX200.Well, I have tried allmost evry ROM file.The latest is the 2005, that is structured with 3 .img files.The system works fine, but I have a problem when I call someone, when you hear the tone of ringing everything is ok, but when the callen person answers the connection goes down, the phone hungs up by him self.I have some susspisons on a ribbon cable, what do you think.

Best regards

+Quote Post
ardec1
post Aug 21 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #51

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (dosada @ Aug 19 2006, 02:58 AM) *
I was pretty sure the point of a discussion board is to help each other. If it is against the guideline to share something or even just to say where you can get it how is it OK to explain how to use the software. However, i am new here and it is not my place to set rules, i will ask somewhere where memver really want to help.

It is NOT a matter of not be willing to help, it is a matter of NOT wanting to be sued by the various companies that make the software.

You are not going to find anybody else who are willing to post the files you need either, no matter what board you check, it is simply a matter of doing the work yourself and finding the files you need, just like the rest of us.

I do have the file(s) you need because I did a lot of searching and I spent a lot of time trying one file or another.

I was considering posting the file (WM2005.ZIP) on a service where you could download it but being they wanted to charge me $4.95 per month I decided agaist it.

+Quote Post
Machead
post Aug 27 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 13,264
Phone: MPx200

I have some quick questions regarding the WM5 upgrade, I would really appreciate it if you guys could answer them for me

Instructions state that phone must be unlocked. I bought mine in another country and it works fine with any local phone operator. Thus, I assume this must imply that it is sim-unlocked. Right? Are there any other kinds of locks (for example, registry locks) that I should be aware prior to the upgrade?

Moreover, on the same issue, I have read a post that stated that problems may arise if phone has been unlocked by IMEI number instead of by software. As I stated, I bought mine unlocked and thus don't know how it was unlocked. Is it safe to perform a software unlock anyways?

Would SPVUnlock2 be the appropriate program for the above?

Is it ok to upgrade directly from 2002 to WM5?

Is there any way I can create a backup image of my phone in its current state as a failsafe if the upgrade fails?? What application would I use for creating such a backup image of the roms, etc?

My phone is only dual-band. I have seen posts explaining how to flash the last 256kb of the ROM to enable tri-band functionality on 1.8/1.9 AT&T MPx200s. Would I need to do this still if I upgrade in order to enable tri-band? If so, should I do it before the upgrade or after??

Regarding ActiveSync, any special considerations that should be taken into account?? Can I just uninstall 3.6 and then install 4.2 ???

Does upgrade enable MMS automatically??? If not, what must I do to enable MMS, and should I do it before the upgrade or after?

THANKS A MILLION

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 27 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Already answered it in the other thread. Please don't double post, it isn't necessary. If someone can help you, they will. Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dosada
post Aug 28 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #54

I have finally got the phone to acceot the update. The problem now is that once all images have been installed i need to remove/replace the battery. Does not work straight away, only after a few hours. After that the phone switched on.

The problem i have now is that whenever i turn off the phone it will not switch itself on untill i wait for a few hours with the battery outside the phone.

Anyone any ideas what to try?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 28 2006, 03:30 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

It could be the SD card you're using. WM5 on the MPx200 is really picky about the SD card you use, and can cause problems like this if you are using one it doesn't like.

--------------------

+Quote Post
palestofwhite
post Aug 29 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 13,159
MP3 Player: iPod Nano

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Aug 28 2006, 11:30 PM) *
It could be the SD card you're using. WM5 on the MPx200 is really picky about the SD card you use, and can cause problems like this if you are using one it doesn't like.

Maybe we should pin up a thread with contributors listing down the various brands and size of SD or Mini SD cards that will work for the phone?

+Quote Post
dosada
post Aug 29 2006, 04:19 AM
Post #57

I am using a multimediacars. i do not have any sd cards. does this make a difference? I have tried many different ones from 32 mb over 256 to GB. Not one worked.

+Quote Post
ardec1
post Aug 29 2006, 04:29 AM
Post #58

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (dosada @ Aug 28 2006, 09:19 PM) *
I am using a multimediacars. i do not have any sd cards. does this make a difference? I have tried many different ones from 32 mb over 256 to GB. Not one worked.

The one card that I can say with 100% certainty works is the Sandisk 256MB. SD Card, not the Ultra but the plain old Sandisk SD Card.

I have tried a Sandsik 1GB. card in a couple of phones and they have worked fine too.

+Quote Post
Hulkster
post Aug 30 2006, 01:28 AM
Post #59

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 4,004

hey people, i just flashed mines to 2005 with a sandisk ultra II 256mb and its super fast and not sluggish, like some are complaining. I highly recommend using only that card for the upgrade, there is no need for a qtek 8500 unless you need bluetooth and slimness.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
palestofwhite
post Aug 30 2006, 04:15 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 13,159
MP3 Player: iPod Nano

I'm using the Kingston 1GB Elite Pro High speed card and it works just fine.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:23 AM