Post #1

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,088
Phone: Cingular 3125
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

I am looking for suggestions for an app that I can use at work to help me sort out the mess that is my desk.

I need a project management program of some sort that can organize:

Multiple projects (large and small)
Emails
Schedule
Task lists
Conversation notes
Contacts

I currently use Outlook for most of this, but the flexibility that I need isn't there. Something simple like color coding my scheduled work isn't available in Outlook. I end up putting conversation notes in the appointments notes field. If I have a specific task that is part of a bigger project and need to set a reminder to get it done, I end up putting another appointment in...very messy.

Before I invest time into learning how to properly use something like MS Project (I dabble with it), I would like some input from any of you that use this type of software regularly.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer.

--------------------
Mike S (mkestu)

HTC StarTrek aka 3125
1G microSD
ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Bluespoon AX2 & JawBoneII
Garmin GPS10x BT GPS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Feb 25 2006, 04:08 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 8,857
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: Alltel

I'm not sure I can offer you software solution. One approach to keeping a clean desk that I've tried to use is the "touch it once - and put it in the right place, now" approach. Which means basically a lot of files for a lot of stuff.

It sounds like you are maybe looking for a kind of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software tool for you. Do you know ACT! They even have a PPC version.

Try looking here: http://www.act.com/Home/index.cfm
And here: http://www.act.com/products/other/ppc/

I hope this helps.

--------------------
Hey! Want to Post? Have a Question?
Click here to Register and Join Mobile Gadget News

+Quote Post
mkestu
post Feb 26 2006, 03:13 AM
Post #3

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Thanks, I'll take a look. I need 50% contact management / 50% Project Management.

--------------------
Mike S (mkestu)

HTC StarTrek aka 3125
1G microSD
ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Garmin GPS10x BT GPS

+Quote Post
motoini
post Feb 26 2006, 04:54 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,343
Phone: MPx200

You may want to try Agenda Fusion by DeveloperOne. Best of all I got it free for subscribing to MGN.

# Powerful Calendar views Display your schedule in detail with the Today, Week, Hourly Week, Agenda, Hourly Day and Year views. Integrated views of your schedule, contact birthdays and tasks for easy reference. Quickly assign icons to calendar items to make them stand out! # Enhanced Month view Get schedule overviews a month at a time with displays including busy status indicators, icon display and mini-text mode to view everything at once.
# Stay in touch with your Contacts! New and improved dialing features, contact picture display, searching, grouping and sorting helps you work with your contact list faster than ever. Great improvements in the Windows Mobile 5 update! Now view and organize your contacts even better in v7.50! Enhanced group-by-company mode, updates to include all of the new contact detail fields in Windows Mobile 5 (including ring tone assignment) and more!
# Projects-style View! Agenda Fusion 7 makes projects easy for everyone. Whether you use it for business project planning, planning your next home project, or just getting things organized, the Project view makes the best use of the information you already have on your Pocket PC. Quickly organize your contacts, tasks, appointments and documents into projects to track time, create reports and more! Powerful, yet so easy to use! New updates make the projects better than ever.
# Tasks manager Working with your never ending tasks list has never been so easy. Multiple levels of sorting, grouping by category, priority, date, status... delivers the power you need while keeping it simple. # Complete Notes management The Notes View organizes all of your notes and alarm notes in one convenient view. (Alarm notes let you jot down quick notes or voice recordings that can be set to pop-up at any time as a reminder!)
# Information Linking Create meaningful relationships between your contacts, documents, tasks and appointments. It's the perfect way to tie together all of your information for quick reference at any time.
# Power Text Only Agenda Fusion delivers Power Text that assists you to quickly create new items in your schedule.
# It's all about you. Customize the displays to meet your exact needs and style. Add category icons, color code items and option favorites let you configure Agenda Fusion just the way you need it to help you be more productive. # Powerful and easier to use than any other solution. When it comes to ease of use, see why Agenda Fusion wins hands down. Download a trial and experience it for yourself.

+Quote Post
mkestu
post Mar 14 2006, 12:46 AM
Post #5

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Thanks, I'll take a look at this as well.

--------------------
Mike S (mkestu)

HTC StarTrek aka 3125
1G microSD
ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Garmin GPS10x BT GPS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:58 AM