Post #1

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 42
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Creative Zen

Ok. I've been using the iPaq 6315 for a while and while I like the versatility of it, I was constantly annoyed by the BT problem and the multiple resets I have to do daily to keep this thing running. I was ready to give up till Eric (gryph0n) pointed me to the unofficial iPaq ROM that's floating around. Read the description and took the plunge (what the ^*&&) and it's been working great since. Not a single reset due to BT problems. Lost BT connection to my headset maybe once or twice but overall it's been very reliable. Impressive! You can find out plenty of information off here:

iPaq ROM

They even have a Newest ROM which flashes the iPaq and restore every tmobile app you used to have. I installed the New ROM, btw, and didn't restore the tmobile stuff myself.

As with any ROM upgrade, your iPaq will be wiped clean (so backup to storage card or PC) and there's always the risk of something not working. This has been tested quite thoroughly so chances are slim but you never know. (enough warning? cool.gif ) SO, if you are happy with your iPaq, don't have to do it!

Feel free to share comments and ask questions about the ROM here. This gives my iPaq at least another 6 months of usable life. Have fun.

Steve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Mar 11 2005, 04:04 AM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

I would like to add before stories start swarming about our position on ROM. This is an official release that someone has modified to suite the needs of 6315 users on T-Mobile. The updates for all other 6300 devices have been released, now all the 6315 users are just waiting on T-Mobile to do what they have to do before it can be released into the wild. In my opinion there is nothing illegal or questionable about these methods considering that the ROM's are official updates that have been set out...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:53 PM