> MPX220 totally dead! Please Help, NO SIGNS OF LIFE AT ALL
CBakes
post Nov 10 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,704
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

I bought this phone from ebay sold as-is and when i got it, it wont work. I plug it in to charge and it will shows no signs of charging and i pluged it in w/ out the battery and tried to turn it on then and that wouldnt work. I think there may be a fuse problem i saw with the mpx200, but i am not sure. The phone shows no signs of working, any suggestions!? thanks, i hope to use the phone soon!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Nov 11 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

One of the very common problems with the MPx220 was the charging port breaking. The phone may still work even if the phone won't work. I had this happen to my old MPx220, and I used one of these for a while until I got the phone fixed under warranty. It works really nicely if you have an extra battery, then you can just switch them out when one is dying. I'd get it and charge the battery, then see if the phone will turn on.

Another thing you can try is seeing if your PC will recognize the phone when you plug it in to a sync cable while pressing the left direction on the d-pad without the battery in it. If your PC recognizes te phone, there's a good chance you can revive the phone depending on what the problem is.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:01 AM