post Nov 30 2006, 04:14 AM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 8,857
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: Alltel

I'd like to have a picture I like become the "Background Image." (Settings, Phone, Display)
Where do I place the picture so that it comes up as a "Background Image" choice?

--------------------
Hey! Want to Post? Have a Question?
Click here to Register and Join Mobile Gadget News
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheSaint
post Nov 30 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,540
Phone: Blackjack

QUOTE (The Undude @ Nov 29 2006, 11:14 PM) *
I'd like to have a picture I like become the "Background Image." (Settings, Phone, Display)
Where do I place the picture so that it comes up as a "Background Image" choice?

From the "Pictures & Video" Program you can select the picture you want and click OK to bring up the full picture. Then hit the "Menu" key select "3" Use as home screen. You will then be able to crop what you want from the photo. Select Next. Then you adjust transparency then finish. After that hit your home key and your photo should be your background image.

Now if you change your background image then want to return to your previous edited pic, you will have to start the process all over again. But it only takes 30secs or so. I tried looking on my device to see if it made another copy of my edited pic. But was unable to. I hope this helps.

--------------------
Current Mobile Phones: Samsung SGH-i320, i-mate SP3i

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Dec 1 2006, 05:45 AM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,857
Phone: SMT5600

QUOTE (TheSaint @ Nov 30 2006, 12:48 PM) *
From the "Pictures & Video" Program you can select the picture you want and click OK to bring up the full picture. Then hit the "Menu" key select "3" Use as home screen. You will then be able to crop what you want from the photo. Select Next. Then you adjust transparency then finish. After that hit your home key and your photo should be your background image.

Now if you change your background image then want to return to your previous edited pic, you will have to start the process all over again. But it only takes 30secs or so. I tried looking on my device to see if it made another copy of my edited pic. But was unable to. I hope this helps.

Thanks. I never knew you could do what you describe. That's cool. Especially the transparency bit. Awesome!

What I did find was this:

1) On your PC, copy the image file you want. The file format must be .gif, .jpg, or .bmp.
2) In ActiveSync on your PC, click Explore, and then double-click My Windows Mobile device.
3) Double-click Application Data, double-click Home, and then paste the image into that folder.

--------------------
Hey! Want to Post? Have a Question?
Click here to Register and Join Mobile Gadget News

+Quote Post
TheSaint
post Dec 1 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,540
Phone: Blackjack

QUOTE (The Undude @ Dec 1 2006, 12:45 AM) *
Thanks. I never knew you could do what you describe. That's cool. Especially the transparency bit. Awesome!

What I did find was this:

1) On your PC, copy the image file you want. The file format must be .gif, .jpg, or .bmp.
2) In ActiveSync on your PC, click Explore, and then double-click My Windows Mobile device.
3) Double-click Application Data, double-click Home, and then paste the image into that folder.

I'm glad it helped. I was sweating it. Since I use the SGH-i32n, I wasn't sure if the menus and options would be the same. Thanks for the info on where to put the pics I already have. That will come in handy.

--------------------
Current Mobile Phones: Samsung SGH-i320, i-mate SP3i

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 2 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

The "pictures & video" way has been available since wm2003se at least, since it could be done that way on the Motorola MPx220. The advantage of doing it this way vs. storing the images in your "\Application Data\Home" folder is you can save space on your phone if you store the images on your storage card instead.

It depends on how many wallpaper images you have though. If just one or two, then it doesn't matter. But, if you have more than two, saving the image on your storage card and using "pictures & video" to create a wallpaper saves you some room. The "pictures & video" way creates two files in the "\Windows" folder named stwater_240_320.jpg & stwater_320_240.jpg.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:31 PM