Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Tiger Direct has the VOQ Professional on Sale for $474.99 with Activation. If you have the dough this is a great phone.

VOQ at Tiger Direct

Or you can buy from MobilePlanet for $499 unlocked without activation:

Mobile Planet Unlocked Voq

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Sep 22 2004, 12:09 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,021

Mobileplanet has it for $499, just ordered one & do a will-call later this afternoon. The funny thing is that they have 2 SKU's, both are sold as unlocked w/o activation, but the one in stock is $499 while the one for pre-order is $599.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Sep 22 2004, 12:58 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I have seen that the ones with the full Voq Mail software are more expensive. The Mobile Planet deal is better than Tiger Direct with no lock or activation. Also check to make sure you get the 850 Band phone if you want that band as opposed to the 900. I ordered the Premium Accessories kit from Mobile Planet last week so I am looking forward to getting it soon hopefully. I added MobilePlanet to my above post.

I am happy to hear other Voq users coming on board.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Sep 22 2004, 01:22 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Thanks for the note on the 850/900, I'll definitely make sure it's the A11 variant. Retired the MPx200 when my Treo 600 arrived, then I had the i-Mate 2, went back to the 600, then had the 6315 for a week with plenty of frustration and was set on getting the MPx220, but with no ETA in sight, this VOQ seems to be a good alternative.

Giving up on B/T is not really that hard a decision for me, the Treo has none, and the 6315 has the dreaded "sleep" cycle, so I rather knowing the device doesn;t have it so I won;t count on it, then for a device that has iffy implementation.

The biggest problem I have in using MS SP is that I always want to tap the darn screen wink.gif In the end, I really hope MS changes the spec in the future to allow for an external SIM slot like the Treo 600, I change phones a lot, and with the Treo, I can simply put it in flight mode and remove the SIM without causing a reboot.

Well, 4 hours & counting......

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Sep 22 2004, 06:16 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Just picked it up, according to MP, all their units are spec'd for the U.S., and are of the A11 type. The F/W S/W is at the 1.3.0.12, and according to their site, it's the most current one released on 8/10/04.

Still charging the unit up but a brief test indicated very good RF (comparable to my Treo 600), I inserted a TM SIM & the phone reads Cingular (same as the MPx200). This unit certainly has some unconventional curves, while it doesn't look too attractive at first, it definitely feels very comfortable ^ secured in my hand. The only issue I have noticed thus far is that the charger tip doesn't feel secure when inserted.

Not as big as I imagined, about the size of the Nextel-Moto i85s, just a bit wider.

+Quote Post
SatanX
post Oct 16 2004, 01:52 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,106

FYI, I purchaced from Tiger Direct. You do have to sign up for AT&T (was planing on doing that anyway, I have access to a FAN account), but the phone does come unlocked. Tiger Direct doesnt even ship the phone, it comes from Cellstar.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:39 AM