Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> bestbuy rebate
thepappydude
post Jan 9 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,012

just got part one of best buy rebate. the 25 gift card. still waiting on the 300 bucks though. anyone gotten it yet?? had to wait till i got my first bill to make a copy of it to send in with rebate. just to keep y'all informed. brings price of phone down to 25 bucks, not bad for this puppy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FL
post Jan 9 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,162
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel

Not got either yet. Supposed to take 8+ weeks. Look for it in Feb+

--------------------
My (Smart)phones:

Motorola MPx220 (Personal) on Cingular

Audiovox STM5600 (Work) on AT&T

+Quote Post
junior2377
post Jan 10 2005, 02:40 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,797

i'm hopin my $750 in rebates comes right around the same time i get my tax return.... that would be nice smile.gif

+Quote Post
vattiat
post Jan 13 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,934

Yeay! I got my $300 BestBuy rebate. Yeayyyyy.

+Quote Post
thepappydude
post Jan 14 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,012

i just got the first 300 from best buy. got the 25 gift cards a couple of weeks ago, just be careful. they make the check envelope look like junk mail. my wife almost threw it out, but i have been looking for this. one more check and i am gold. told wife phone was only 25 bucks. technically true, just had to wait two months.

+Quote Post
friendlly
post Jan 17 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,334

Just a quick question. Once I get my rebate can I cancel my service. The reason is that Cingular is getting on my last nerve. Any help will be appreiciated.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jan 17 2005, 01:03 AM
Post #7

Site Administrator

Member No.: 1,609
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

You can always cancel service. The only question is, what's it gonna cost you.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
friendlly
post Jan 17 2005, 02:25 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,334

I will be more than happy to pay the $150 cancellation. My question is what if they ask for the rebate check or sort of that thing. After dealing with Cingular I am ready for anything.

+Quote Post
DrMadd
post Jan 26 2005, 07:50 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,955
PocketPC: Other

QUOTE (friendlly @ Jan 16 2005, 06:25 PM)
I will be more than happy to pay the $150 cancellation. My question is what if they ask for the rebate check or sort of that thing. After dealing with Cingular I am ready for anything.

As far as I know that rebate was from Best Buy and not Cingular. Even if it was from Cingular and you cancelled service after cashing the check there isn't anything they can do. So when inquiring to Cingular besure to as if there is anything other than the $150 cancellation fee imposed.

+Quote Post
bluedragon
post Jan 26 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 6,951

I got my $300 too -- yippee! The phone is not *exactly* $25. We have to pay sales tax on $350 (steep in California), and you have to pay the new service hook up fee, which was $17 or $26 or something. Still, an awesome deal. And I sold my old Siemens world phone for $50 on ebay!

As for what Cingular would charge, I agree with the others that it is highly likely that they can only charge the $150 cancellation fee (which they can charge for the duration of your contract -- I was asked if I wanted a 1 year or 2 year contract, duh guess what I took). You can read the fine print on the rebate receipts. I know it says very specifically it is only for new service, but I think once you get the new service it is up to Cingular to keep you, even during the contract period.

By the way, why do you hate Cingular? I hated them long ago, but no longer do. My reception is good, if something weird goes on (e.g. the voicemail number breaks and eats my minutes, which only happened once), they fix it right away and credit me minutes.

+Quote Post
stugotsn
post Jan 27 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 6,149

QUOTE (bluedragon @ Jan 26 2005, 02:13 PM)
By the way, why do you hate Cingular?  I hated them long ago, but no longer do.  My reception is good, if something weird goes on (e.g. the voicemail number breaks and eats my minutes, which only happened once), they fix it right away and credit me minutes.

I didn't write the original comment, but... I hate Cingular because their customer service is easily the worst customer service I have every experienced from a company. Both over the phone, and from their web site. Last week I had a customer service rep arguing with me, after she tried to walk me through the setup of my Mpx220 by reading the directions for an entirely different model of cellphone. She was verbally berating me. I expect better from any company, much less a company from which I just bought a $400 product.

And there's no way to query them on their web site. Or lodge a complaint.

F-.

+Quote Post
bluedragon
post Jan 27 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 6,951

I agree their website blows. And now that I remember I got stuck in customer service ^*&& too one day on the phone. Their website makes it very clear that they don't want to help you, they just want to send you navigating around stuff. I guess I took the attitude long ago that I didn't expect any service from my phone company (same thing happened to me with Orange in France, but I still have their SIM card when I travel). If coverage is decent, and I like my plan, I stick with it. But you're right, that's pathetic on their part.

QUOTE (stugotsn @ Jan 26 2005, 05:02 PM)
I didn't write the original comment, but... I hate Cingular because their customer service is easily the worst customer service I have every experienced from a company.  Both over the phone, and from their web site.  Last week I had a customer service rep arguing with me, after she tried to walk me through the setup of my Mpx220 by reading the directions for an entirely different model of cellphone.  She was verbally berating me.  I expect better from any company, much less a company from which I just bought a $400 product.

And there's no way to query them on their web site.  Or lodge a complaint.

F-.

+Quote Post
warpx9
post Jan 28 2005, 08:13 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 3,253

And they said those of us that had AT&T switching to Cingular wouldn't get the $300 rebate on that after Thanksgiving Day early morning special, because we were not considered new service.

I took the chance seeing as my MPX200 was useless because of the limited dual band coverage, and it paid off. I purchased two MPX220's at Bestbuy on that day for $349 each to replace my current family plan, and just received this week my two $300 rebate checks and two $25 gift cards.

+Quote Post
junior2377
post Jan 28 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 1,797

QUOTE (warpx9 @ Jan 28 2005, 12:13 PM)
And they said those of us that had AT&T switching to Cingular wouldn't get the $300 rebate on that after Thanksgiving Day early morning special, because we were not considered new service.

I took the chance seeing as my MPX200 was useless because of the limited dual band coverage, and it paid off. I purchased two MPX220's at Bestbuy on that day for $349 each to replace my current family plan, and just received this week my two $300 rebate checks and two $25 gift cards.

i'm in the same boat as you... switched from att... bought 2 phones... got one rebate... and the other is on the way... same with the gift card smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:22 AM