2 star: Below average; not recommended
3 star: Average; performs as advertised but not inspiring
4 star: Good; worth the money
5 star: Great; best of its kind on the market

Review by Smeg36
Review Date / May 28th, 2008

Intro

Attached Image

The New Jawbone by Aliph has large shoes to fill. It's big brother, the original Jawbone bluetooth headset, set the standard for bluetooth headset quality. Companies today advertise a lot of new "features" and "enhancements" to their products, but usually it ends up just being a lot of hype. In some cases, it can actually cause the product to be worse. That was not the case with the original Jawbone. It's NoiseShield technology really did everything they advertised, and did it very well. With the new Jawbone headset, Aliph has created a new technology to try to improve on the NoiseShield the original Jawbone had. They call it NoiseAssassin. So, it this new NoiseAssassin all just hype, or does it actually live up to the expectations brought by the original Jawbone headset? Watch the video review below to find out!

Pros and Cons

Pros

1) VERY comfortable fit right out of the box
2) Customizable with 4 different earloops, and 3 different size earbuds
3) NoiseAssassin technology does all it claims, and actually surpasses the NoiseShield technology of the original Jawbone
4) Light, comfortable, and great looking design
5) Magnetic charger is cool and easy to use
6) Incoming call volume is very loud
7) Buttons are responsive and provide good tactile feedback

Cons

1) Incoming sound quality can be a little tinny and compressed sounding
2) That's pretty much it. Not many cons, which is why it got 5 stars

Attached Image

Conclusion

The new Jawbone headset lived up to, and exceeded, every expectation I had for it. From the time I started using the original Jawbone, I looked forward to seeing what Aliph could come up with next. I had high hopes and expectations for what their next headset should be. So for it to exceed my expectations is really saying something. It has a very comfortable fit, amazing sound with NoiseAssassin, and great design. With the original Jawbone I had to buy some Jabra miniGels to make it comfortable enough to use, and with prolonged wear my ear would start to hurt and get tired. With the new Jawbone those problems are fixed. The included earbuds are extremely comfortable, and the smaller size makes it very easy to use for extended periods. Reviews often say they forget they're wearing the headset. Not me. I've always been very aware of the headsets I wear. With the new Jawbone, for the first time, I can say I truly forget I'm wearing it sometimes.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dvdscr
post Jun 2 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,339
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Other
Secondary Carrier: Other
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: iPod Nano
PMC: Creative Zen

this is a very nice BT headset.
i would have to say that if i had it i would use it in my next army tour.
here, in israel, we do about 28 days in the army every year (well, at least untill i'm 42 which is another 9 years) and when i try to make calls from the base to my office i can't hear anything since everybody's shooting around me so i am actully most of the time cut off from the office during the day.
headset like that could enable me to hear the other side and make phone calls while training - this is good.

+Quote Post
thomasz
post Jul 4 2008, 02:51 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,316

Well, that's great! And i want to share you this site. I think it's useful.
http://www.accessorygeeks.com/jawbone-bluetooth.html.

+Quote Post
paulycorp
post Aug 6 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,473
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Sony Walkman

I own and operate a private tree removal service in Orlando, Florida. As I am the only employee, I must play the role of equipment operator, sales person, secretary, and owner. Many times a day I must stop what I am doing to answer a business call. This is very inconvienient and actually makes me lose money by not being as productive as I could be. Having to continually turn off equipment and step away would not happen anymore if the Jawbone were in my ear.

+Quote Post
thomasz
post Dec 4 2009, 02:41 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 16,316

nice headset....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:31 PM