IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any London-ers, London-ites, London-inos (what do you call yourselves?) here?, I need help getting a package from London to US - have questions
runningtiger
post Jul 21 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Here in the US we have independently owned/operated packaging/shipping stores that are not part of the post office. Is there a similar store in London? I'd like to bid on an auction but the seller (located in London) won't ship anywhere but UK mainland. I thought if I could contact such a store and setup (pay them etc.) to post the package to me, then all he'd have to do is get the package to them. I ran this by him and he said he was too busy to be helpful to me (provide a store name and/or phone number). dry.gif If he didn't have the thing I want so badly - and that so few auctions show up for - I'd be moving on. But, I'm still interested to see if I can work something out. Also, he doesn't accept PayPal - or, any of the wire services - so, what's left? Can you tell me how he expects to be paid? Is it like here, he wants a check? Sorry, I'm so dim on how things are done in your country. I'd REALLY appreciate any information that is helpful!

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:40 PM