IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do I know if the bluetooth device links to my XDA or not?
frank.lui
post Apr 28 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Orange

How do I find out if bluetooth GPS receiver has linked to my XDA? I looked around comm manger but only find setting. Where can show which bluetooth device linked or not?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Apr 30 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

XDA or MDA?

I can't help with an XDA specifically but what follows probably works the same. If this question is about your MDA, then you'll need to open whatever software you're using with your GPS receiver (resumably this would be mapping software). Then you'd need to set up the GPS communications from within that software (let it know which outgoing com port you're using, the baud rate etc.) then make sure GPS is turned on from within your software. On the software I use there is a setting that says "start GPS". Look for something like that.

If you don't have mapping software, it's been my experience that the receivers themselves come with software that allows you to connect and see what satellites are being tracked etc. If yours didn't come with something like that, I'd look for a free download or trial somewhere.

Go to the hardware reviews forum and check the reviews of GPS receivers for some tips on how to set them up on your device.

Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
frank.lui
post Apr 30 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Orange

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Apr 30 2007, 07:54 PM) *
XDA or MDA?

I can't help with an XDA specifically but what follows probably works the same. If this question is about your MDA, then you'll need to open whatever software you're using with your GPS receiver (resumably this would be mapping software). Then you'd need to set up the GPS communications from within that software (let it know which outgoing com port you're using, the baud rate etc.) then make sure GPS is turned on from within your software. On the software I use there is a setting that says "start GPS". Look for something like that.

If you don't have mapping software, it's been my experience that the receivers themselves come with software that allows you to connect and see what satellites are being tracked etc. If yours didn't come with something like that, I'd look for a free download or trial somewhere.

Go to the hardware reviews forum and check the reviews of GPS receivers for some tips on how to set them up on your device.

Good luck!

My one is O2 XDA Mini S, also called MDA Vario (or something like that). I did have a Map software coming with the phone. But it does not work. I think both GPS and phone are working. Because I can link BT of phone to my BT of laptop with has a indicator of linking. So did the GPS. I will have a look at the site you recommended. Thanks a lot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:12 AM