MGN Rating -

Rating Legend

1 star: Find something else; save your money
2 star: Below average; not recommended
3 star: Average; performs as advertised but not inspiring
4 star: Good; worth the money
5 star: Great; best of its kind on the market

Attached Image
PhatPad is an advanced notes organizer for Microsoft Windows Powered Tablet, Desktop and Pocket PCs. It allows you to draw pictures, jot text notes, or put a mixture of pictures and typed text on a virtual scratch pad. The program uses a new digital ink technology, which provides a very smooth ink flow. I was very impressed by how smooth the ink felt, very much like writing on paper. I was testing PhatPad 4.1 on my Samsung i730 with a PocketPCTech WriteShield installed over the screen. The program worked perfect with a WriteShield.

PhatPad offers standard editing commands, such as Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste; 25%-200% zoom and special Fit to Screen mode; Draw, Select, Erase, and Change modes; customizable pen palette; variable pen width; customizable toolbars; variable page size; and page preview mode. You can export your notes and drawings as bitmap, JPEG or PNG images, email them as file attachments, and transfer them between Pocket PCs via infrared. PhatPad allows you to store up to 1,000 pages containing a mix of handwritten text, drawings and printed text per single file and add an optional memo, a background image, and a voice note. You can use the Pocket PC navigation button to browse multi-page documents and zoom in/out, or to scroll the current page depending upon your preferences. I transfered several PhatPad files from my PocketPC Phone to my Laptop and I was able to cut and paste my notes into a MS Word Document very easily. A Tablet PC will also provide letter recognition if you want to convert your notes to type.

PhatPad integrates right in with Calligrapher 8.4 if you want letter recognition on your PocketPC.

The program is easy to install after you download a 16 MB install file to your PC. The software installs PhatPad on both your PC and PocketPC. The program takes up about 1.2 MB of storage on your device. If you have a Pocket PC or Tablet PC you will be pleased with the quality of the PhatPad client.

First we need to open PhatPad up from our PPC Programs folder.
Attached Image

The program comes with a 30 trial period. Try before you buy is always a nice feature. I did not notice any slowdown or resource issues using my i730 with PhatPad.
Attached Image

The program menu provides a variety of options and you can build custom toolbars.
Attached Image

It is very easy to select pen color from the ink palette.
Attached Image

Here I write a note with blue ink.
Attached Image

I switch to red ink to finish the note.

Attached Image

A very nice feature of PhatPad is the ability to add a background image to your note. Very nice if you want a custom touch to a note you may want to email to a friend. You can also set a form as a background for taking specific notes.
Attached Image

I set a flower image as my background.
Attached Image

I can add a note over the background, it is very easy to change the ink color to contrast the background. Also if you want to erase you can select the ink and delete with no effect on the background.
Attached Image

I had to make a note to myself to remember to shovel the snow off my driveway. smile.gif
Attached Image

If you like taking handwritten notes on your PocketPC or Tablet, PhatPad is an excellent program for that purpose. For people who like to draw it makes a great doodle pad and you can save your work to a PC. Overall I am very impressed with PhatPad from PhatWare. Their web site has an excellent tutorial section on using their various products including PhatPad 4.1. If you have a Smartphone and want to view PhatPad notes you can download the Free PhatPad Viewer software for Windows Mobile Smartphone here.
Give PhatPad a free try. It is another excellent program from PhatWare.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Apr 26 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

PhatWare Corporation announces the release of PhatPad 4.2, the next generation of the company's award-winning notes organizer for Microsoft Windows-based Tablet, Desktop PCs, and Windows Mobile powered Pocket PCs and Smartphones, which is "Certified For" Windows Vista.

PhatPad allows users to draw pictures, jot notes, or put a mixture of pictures and typed text on a virtual scratch pad. The program uses new digital ink technology, which provides a very smooth ink flow, so it feels like writing on an actual piece of paper. While working with the note editor, PhatPad offers standard editing commands in addition to a customizable pen palette and variable pen width.

New features in PhatPad 4.2
---------------------------

1. Certified for Windows Vista
2. Free PhatPad viewer for Microsoft Windows Mobile-based Smartphones and Pocket PCs
3. Improved performance and installation experience on Microsoft Windows Vista computers
4. Multipage Undo action
5. Reduced application footprint

PhatPad 4.2 works on Pocket PCs and Smartphones* running Windows Mobile 2003 or later and Tablet, Desktop and UMPCs with Windows 2000 SP3 or later.

For more detailed information about PhatPad, please visit PhatWare web site at http://www.phatware.com/phatpad/index.html

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
abatis
post Nov 20 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Verison 4.6 is now out http://www.phatware.com/phatpad/index.html

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:29 AM