IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "HTC_ApplicationUnlock.exe" remains on phone, can it be deleted?
runningtiger
post Nov 15 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

There is a folder on my phone named "HTC Application Unlock" with the "HTC_ApplicationUnlock.exe" in it. Since I unlocked the phone long ago, can that now be deleted? It doesn't show up in the ActiveSync Add/Remove Programs list or the phone's settings\remove programs list. It's 223kb I'd like to have back if possible. There is also a 68b shortcut to it on the start menu I'd like to delete. If I delete what I can "see" is there stuff left somewhere that I can't see that would get messed up? Anyone know?

Since I've been using Sprite Backup software I don't have to unlock the phone after a hard reset since my restore point includes that. I don't see myself needing this file/program any longer.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Nov 15 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

It's essentially a registry editor that automatically makes the changes right? I'm thinking the .exe and shortcut can be deleted. Am I right?

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Nov 15 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I don't see any problems with deleting it. It doesn't run every time the phone boots to keep it unlocked, so your phone should remained unlocked with it gone.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Nov 16 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

I deleted it and everything works. I realized (by hitting the wrong button rolleyes.gif ) that if it did run again it would just try and do the same reg edits over again which are clearly not needed after the initial unlocking process is done. I wonder why they don't give information on removing it? It's just sitting there taking up space. dry.gif Thanks for the advice Smeg.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:01 PM