Reply to this topicStart new topic
> help with contacts-- SDAII
lettezilla
post Sep 21 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,423
Carrier: T-Mobile

hello, i feel like a complete moron, but can't figure out how to do this, so figured i'd ask here.

i sync my SDAII with my work computer (for diary and task purposes mostly). work computer has several hundred work emails and phone numbers in outlook contacts. when i got the phone, i transferred all my old personal numbers into outlook from my palm, and categorised them all 'zilla's personal contacts'. then i set my SDA to only sync with contacts in that category. worked OK, was a little annoying if i added a number on the phone and forgot to tag it when i got back to the office, but otherwise no problems.

new server at work, new computers, reset of all preferences. in my haste to sync all my new diary dates i'd entered into my phone, i forgot to select only 'personal contacts' as the list to sync to. so now i have that list PLUS all the work phone numbers and email addresses in my phone.

i tried to re-categorise all the work numbers as 'work numbers' and tell the SDA not to sync with them, but that doesn't seem to have removed them.

is there any way to get them off the phone, without deleting them from my outlook?

thanks in advance for your help...this is driving me up the wall.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Sep 21 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Take a look at Jeyo Companion. You can import your contact list to your PC, edit it and and than export back to the phone. It has a free trial and is pretty slick for working with Contact Lists.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:58 PM