post Sep 27 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,058
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

I made a new folder named "My sounds" on to the memory card. And dragged some MP3 songs via activesync.

Windows media sees all the songs but they dont appear in settings->sounds.

Why is that so?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Sep 27 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I'm not certain how it works specifically on the SDA, but most Smartphones require you to at least put the sounds on the root card (not in any folders). If it doesn't work there you have to put it in the phone's memory in the Sounds folder. If that still doesn't work then the SDA doesn't support MP3 rings (WAV or WMA would both work if MP3 doesn't).

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Sep 29 2006, 02:55 AM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

My i-mate SP5m is a cousin of your SDA and my ringtones are here:
\Application Data\Sounds

Mp3 ringtones work fine from there (that's on the phone - not the storage card).

Smeg is right, if you want to store it on your storage card, then just put it here:
\Storage Card

Mp3 ringtones works just fine from there as well.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
FuNkY
post Sep 29 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Sep 29 2006, 05:55 AM) *
My i-mate SP5m is a cousin of your SDA and my ringtones are here:
\Application Data\Sounds

Mp3 ringtones work fine from there (that's on the phone - not the storage card).

Smeg is right, if you want to store it on your storage card, then just put it here:
\Storage Card

Mp3 ringtones works just fine from there as well.

Thanks for the reply's mates. Transffered the Mp3 ringtone into the Application data=>sounds folder but it still doesent appear to be in the ringtones list huh.gif

Windows media player playes the file and everything. Maybe this phone doesent actually even play mp3 ringtones? unsure.gif mad.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Sep 29 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

That's interesting...and disappointing. I've attached the .mp3 ringtone that I tested in the two locations I mentioned in my post above. So, I know it works on my phone. If you're up for it, try this particular ringtone in those two locations and see if IT works on your phone.

My working theory is that there is maybe something not quite right with the particular ringtone you're trying. I've never used a T-Mo SDA myself, but I'd be really surprised if it can't handle .mp3 ringtones when the i-mate version can.

I just did a quick Google search and found information that says the SDA does support .mp3 ringtones and does so WITHOUT any reg edits. The location for the ringtones were also identified as exactly the same as already mentioned in this thread.

Good luck!

Attached File  Sounds_phone_ring_24_CTU.mp3 ( 34.33K ) Number of downloads: 1108

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
FuNkY
post Oct 1 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Sep 29 2006, 11:46 PM) *
That's interesting...and disappointing. I've attached the .mp3 ringtone that I tested in the two locations I mentioned in my post above. So, I know it works on my phone. If you're up for it, try this particular ringtone in those two locations and see if IT works on your phone.

My working theory is that there is maybe something not quite right with the particular ringtone you're trying. I've never used a T-Mo SDA myself, but I'd be really surprised if it can't handle .mp3 ringtones when the i-mate version can.

I just did a quick Google search and found information that says the SDA does support .mp3 ringtones and does so WITHOUT any reg edits. The location for the ringtones were also identified as exactly the same as already mentioned in this thread.

Good luck!

Attached File  Sounds_phone_ring_24_CTU.mp3 ( 34.33K ) Number of downloads: 1108

Thanks for the reply mate. Downloaded your ringtone and dragged it into the "Sounds" folder. And it still doesent show up. Dragged one .wav ringtone in that folder aswell and that one shoved up.

How can that be, that my phone doesent support .mp3 ringtones? blink.gif dry.gif
Oh and! I got some information that I have the old version of the SDA.

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/3100.html

Maybe mine doesent even support .mp3 ringtones?

This post has been edited by FuNkY: Oct 1 2006, 04:25 PM

+Quote Post
FuNkY
post Oct 1 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #7

This is the phone I have:

http://www.t3.co.uk/reviews/communication/...sda_smart_phone

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Oct 4 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #8

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

When I first responded to your question I thought you had the current version of T-Mo's SDA! Oops! rolleyes.gif Sorry about the misunderstanding. Now that I understand which phone you have, the answer is "no", it appears the older version of the T-Mo SDA phone that you have does not support mp3 ringtones. This is your first hand experience as well as the info here:
http://www.smartphonehistory.com/specs.php?UID=17

The link above says ringtones supported on that phone are: WAV, MIDI, Polyphonic, WMA

Although, it does play .mp3s using media player...just not as a ringtone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
beto_jundiai (Br...
post Jan 3 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 16,069
Phone: HTC Hurricane
Secondary Carrier: Other
MP3 Player: Other

Hi !
I have a T-Mobile SDA too and works with me... dry.gif
I just put the files (Mp3, mids, etc) on these folder: Smartphone [-] / Application Data / Sounds

Now, when I receive a SMS, "Mail Mother******"... Sounds great ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:51 PM