IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cingular 3125 Rom, will there be upgrades?
Xeno
post Sep 30 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #1

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,190
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel

Will there be official upgrades for the 3125 from Cingular like was done for the MPX 220? I lack the skills to hack upgrades not main by the original vendor, but just curious if Cingular has plans to do this or if I am going to have to learn how to work with the other Rom updates that will eventually show up.

--------------------
Cingular 3125, MPX 220 1.43
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Sep 30 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

The Un Dude provided the link to HTC America which will provide official upgrades. http://www.america.htc.com/

The upgrades are here: http://www.america.htc.com/support/cingula..._downloads.html

Keep an eye on that site for upgrades.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Sep 30 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #3

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (abatis @ Sep 30 2006, 09:13 AM) *
The Un Dude provided the link to HTC America which will provide official upgrades. http://www.america.htc.com/

The upgrades are here: http://www.america.htc.com/support/cingula..._downloads.html

Keep an eye on that site for upgrades.

I saw the first linked but apparently did not read closely enough about ROM updates.

The 2nd link you gave says the latest ROM is 2.4.502.0 My phone says its ROM is 5.1.195.14955 I take it that in this case, I should ignore the 2.4 and that the ROM on the web is an update to what I have.

I also noticed that my available memory is 5.08 MB. Will that be an issue during the upgrade?

And finally, the instructions warn about backing up files through ActiveSyn. But does a new ROM also interfer with an installed programs that required a registry change?

Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
abatis
post Sep 30 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

When you flash the ROM you will lose everything on the phone. It will not affect the miniSD card but I would take it out before the flash. If you want to save your programs you need to use a backup program like Sprite. After the ROM ungrade you can recover with Sprite. I always like to do a ROM upgrade and reinstall the programs from scratch. That way any OS changes are optimized. However since the OS is still the same (WM5) you can probably recover with out any glitches with Sprite. Sprite will allow you to pick and choose what you want to backup and restore as well. For instance you can just recover your data like emails, contacts etc.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Sep 30 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #5

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (abatis @ Sep 30 2006, 01:53 PM) *
When you flash the ROM you will lose everything on the phone. It will not affect the miniSD card but I would take it out before the flash. If you want to save your programs you need to use a backup program like Sprite. After the ROM ungrade you can recover with Sprite. I always like to do a ROM upgrade and reinstall the programs from scratch. That way any OS changes are optimized. However since the OS is still the same (WM5) you can probably recover with out any glitches with Sprite. Sprite will allow you to pick and choose what you want to backup and restore as well. For instance you can just recover your data like emails, contacts etc.

Very helpful, thank you. Is there a list somewhere of what the new ROM accomplishes?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:13 AM