post Aug 2 2006, 05:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,042
Phone: Cingular 2125
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
MP3 Player: iPod

I'm loving this new QTEK 8500 after moving from a RAZR to something that a LOT less people have.

I haven't noticed the missed call issues that others have reported, but I have noticed that if the phone loses the T-Mobile signal for an extended period of time I need to power cycle it before I can receive or make any calls.

Apart from that the biggest problem I have at the moment is where has all my memory gone?

I have installed a couple of utilites on my 1GB SD card which affected phone side memory usage slightly, but now I only have 4MB of Storage Memory and 15MB of Program Memory available. I recently tried to install the Microsoft Compact Framework 2.0 so I could try the Mologogo software that was mentioned on this site, but no matter where I specify as the destination of the software the installer reports that memory is insufficient. (There is 800MB free on the SD card.)

Is everyone finding the phone side memory very limited and if so is there a way to free up some of it or redistribute the pools like I used to be able to do on my old HP IPAQ?

Hopefully the Smartphone experts out there can help a WM5 newbie out.

Ollie

This post has been edited by scouser: Aug 2 2006, 05:33 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 2 2006, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Do you do a lot of web browsing on it? The temporary internet files can take up a lot of space really quickly. Try going to IE and going to Menu/Tools/Options/Memory and seeing how large your Temporary Files are. Additionally, do you have any music or video clips on the phone memory? They can take up a lot of space really quick as well.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
scouser
post Aug 2 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,042
Phone: Cingular 2125
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
MP3 Player: iPod

I have some music on the SD card and I've used a registry hack to move the 'Temporary Internet Files' folder to the SD card as well.

How much available memory are you usually seeing?

Ollie

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 2 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

It's not really a good comparison because I have a Q, but my Device Storage: is 49.52 MB, Used: is 10.48 MB, and Free: is 39.04.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:54 PM