IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sprint's HTC Mogul, Comparison shots, thoughts, etc.
smeg36
post Jun 20 2007, 03:05 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Here's some photos comparing the size of my new HTC Mogul with my beloved Motorola Q. I was really surprised when I first saw the Mogul. I knew it was supposed to be small, but didn't realize just how small it would be. It really hit me when I did the comparison of the Mogul on top of the Q. It's quite a bit narrower and shorter than the Q. Obviously it's thicker, but not much. The Q is about the thickness of the bottom portion of the Mogul, where the keyboard slides out. I really like the spring-loaded sliding keyboard. It's light-years ahead of the slide out keyboard on the PPC6700/xv6700 or Wizard series. If you've used a Samsung i730, it's similar to that. I'm still getting used to the differences between the Q and the Mogul, so I feel like I can do things way faster on the Q than the Mogul. But I'm sure once I get the hang of the Mogul it'll be gold. First assessment: it's a great piece of equipment. If anyone has any specific questions or picture requests, feel free to post them. Until then, I got a new phone to play with!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boe
post Jun 25 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,104
Phone: i-Mate Ultimate
PocketPC: HTC

These are some great comparison photos! I wish my pictures came out this good - mine are always a little blurry.

I've posted this on other forums but I figure the more it is out there the more people may call HTC and try to get the BT stack on the 6800 fixed.

I've had a lot of complaints that people can't make out what I'm saying and lot's of what's when talking through the BT on my 6800. I posted on a couple of other forums and a lot of people are confirming the same issue. Very choppy performance via BT on the 6800. A lot of people don't notice since calls going TO the 6800 sound fine - it is how you sound to them. I've been using BT for over 2 years and tested 3 different models on my 6800 to confirm the issue. Seems to be more common on longer phone calls - 5 minutes or more. As soon as I got my new phone several people said I was all broken up - didn't have to tell them I had a new phone.

I was wondering if the issue might be a defective phone so I just spoke to tech support at HTC - 866-449-8358 - first they asked me if I tried other devices, resetting the device. Then I asked if there was a patch or anything possible for this - they said it he's gotten a lot of calls about this same issue and they are aware of the issue.

I'd suggest you call 866-449-8358, not to bug them but to let them know if you are having this issue to try and make sure they get enough notification so that the patch comes out sooner than later.

--------------------
My Phone - PPC-6700 - UTStar/HTC/Audiovox - WM5/EVDO/BT1.2

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 25 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch

Agreed, everyone with a Mogul should give HTC a call about the BT headset problem. Boe and I have been discussing this issue on other forums as well. I've tried the Plantronics 610, 665, Jawbone, and Jabra JX10. Of all those, only the JX10 functions properly. And even it cuts out occasionally. All these headset sound find, if not a little quiet, on my end. So you need to make sure your callers aren't having any problems, don't just think it works find because you can't hear it. I called Sprint today, and apparently there's not much more they can do about it other than note the problem. I'm calling HTC tomorrow. Hopefully they can give me a better response than Sprint did.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:45 PM