Xeno
post Oct 14 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #1

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,190
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel

Not unlike the review of the Noreve case at http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=porta...iews&id=864 there is a lot a like about this case. It is stylist and adds to the look of the phone. See Noreve's photos at http://www.noreve.com/product/Etui_cuir_Qt..._Tradition.html

However, although I did not have all the problems named in the review, I did have two:
(1) Can't use the camera without a black edge. It is best to simply remove that section of the case to take a picture.
(2) When the flip is fully extended, the case comes loose and the flap falls free. This is the problem for which I saw no solution and is a distraction when using the phone.

I'm very disappointed. I placed the order then after seeing the review sent email asking about the problems and was told not to worry. So I let them ship it to me. Now I will have to send it back on Monday. The only concession they made is that since I asked specific questions that they will refund having shipped back to them but not sending it to me.

--------------------
Cingular 3125, MPX 220 1.43
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 15 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Wow, that sucks. I read your posts of concern with this case. How much was the shipping from France that you lost to confirm your fears?

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 15 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #3

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Oct 14 2006, 07:07 PM) *
Wow, that sucks. I read your posts of concern with this case. How much was the shipping from France that you lost to confirm your fears?

Since they sent it FedEx priority, the charge for shipping/handling was $10.60. I was willing to take a change on this because actually seeing it confirms my view that this is the case that I want since Vaja will not produce one. If I could just find a way around the top part coming loose when the flip is fully extended then I would keep it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 15 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I remember some having that same problem with the Krusell case back in the old MPx200 days. I think it was GrYph0n that came up with the idea of using that blue tack stuff used to hold posters to walls. Just a little bit of that in between the phone and case held it on fine. It didn't do any damage, and would be worth a shot for this case.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 15 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #5

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Oct 15 2006, 08:31 AM) *
I remember some having that same problem with the Krusell case back in the old MPx200 days. I think it was GrYph0n that came up with the idea of using that blue tack stuff used to hold posters to walls. Just a little bit of that in between the phone and case held it on fine. It didn't do any damage, and would be worth a shot for this case.

My wife and I could not get this to work. The biggest problem seems to be the material inside the case that does not want to adhere to anything like this kind of putty.
And I guess my wish to be able to take the case off at times rules out other like solutions.
Oh well, thanks for the advice.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:13 PM