Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Limited Time! Sprint Offering Valentine's Day Employee Referral Pricing to the Public - starts Jan 30. Pickup a PocketPC or MS Smartphone from Sprint.

Smeg has raved about the Sprint Sero Plan for sometime now. I have jumped in and opend a Sero account based on the great price and features. Sprint has opened the plan up to family and friends discounts to the general public.

To take advantage of exclusive pricing, visit www.sprint.com/sero and use the open access email address of holiday@sprint.com.

You can then choose from a huge selection of phones and broadband cards with device and service pricing normally reserved only for family and friends.

• Exclusive Sprint Employee Referral Offer plans starting as low as $30/month. Other monthly charges apply.*
Hurry! Although Sprint may extend, this offer currently ends Feb. 28, 2007.

* This offer requires a new device with activation of a new line of service and two-year subscriber agreement. Subject to credit approval. Up to $36 activation & $200 early termination fees apply per line. Offers available at website only; see other details/restrictions at www.sprint.com/sero.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 7 2007, 04:04 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

And I'm going to rave some more. If you are considering switching carriers, CHECK OUT SERO! It a freggin amazing deal. The whole plan costs less than data did with my VZW contract. FYI, you can get the Motorola Q on the SERO site for $99, the 700wx for $249, the PPC-6700 for $288, and the ip-830 for $349. Four very good Windows Mobile devices for decent prices.

Abatis, I noticed your post states the open access as ending Feb. 28th. It looks like Sprint did indeed extend the offer. I can still access the SERO website with that email address. savings@sprint.com also works for open access to the SERO offer. What phone did you end up ordering?

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 8 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Smeg,

I just went for the Samsung 900. I already have a Samsunng 920 that has a few more features than the 900. What I am going do is get a IP830W used for for me. I have another kid that is about phone ready so the 900 will go to him.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 8 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Have you found any used ip-830s anywhere? I've looked a little, and can't really find one. They seem pretty rare. I've never even seen one in any Sprint stores.

--------------------

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 19 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I found a near new i830 and I should get it on Wednesday. I also just received an invite from Sprint to be an ambassador for their Phase III test. I enjoyed the Phase I test and still have the Samsung 920 they gave as part of the test. The Samsung 920 is very good media phone. I opted for the yet to be announced test phone for Phase III. Anyway, I will be Sprinted out pretty quickly. I am dumping Verizon as soon as my i830 shows up and I get the number ported.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 19 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Lucky! I'd love to join the ambassador program. That'd be fun to have an extra phone laying around just to play with. You'll have to tell me how you like the i830. No wifi is a bummer, but being able to use it overseas with a GSM is nice if you ever travel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 19 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #7

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I looked at how often I use WiFi with my phone and it is almost zero. I don't us Skype as a rule. I just use my unlimited EVDO with my i730 and don't consume any more battery than normal. I don't even tether any more as I use a Verizon Broadband card and it works slick. I have not been any where lately where my broad band card didn't work, including Canada. In fact, I think broad band cards are a real growth area for the high speed providers. Right now they are priced for business users, but that is going to change. Computer makers like Dell are teaming with carriers like Cingular with a GSM slot in the laptop for high speed data. The industry is moving rapidly with the high speed deployment. WiFi is fine and I use it for part of my home network, but when I travel I just don't use it, especially without VPN.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 20 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Agreed, which is why I don't mind buying devices without wifi like the Q and Treo. There is the rare situation when it would come in handy, but most of the time unlimited EVDO works great for me as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 23 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #9

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I got my i830 fired up yesterday. There was a slight language barrier with the Sprint call center but eventually I was able to go into the menu with the MSL and change the phone number. Now to port my number from Verizon. The Sprint SERO plan is a steal with the included PowerVision.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Mar 23 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #10

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (abatis @ Mar 19 2007, 04:41 PM) *
I looked at how often I use WiFi with my phone and it is almost zero. I don't us Skype as a rule. I just use my unlimited EVDO...

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Mar 19 2007, 05:03 PM) *
Agreed, which is why I don't mind buying devices without wifi like the Q and Treo. There is the rare situation when it would come in handy, but most of the time unlimited EVDO works great for me as well.

I'm not picking a fight here and I know I'm OT. I find no fault with what either of you have said as it applies to your situations. However, my situation may not be common <dunno>, but that does not make it rare. There are lots of people who use WIFI a lot and would not want to be without it...like ME!

Until "unlimited" data and voice plans don't cost a small fortune, I'm thankful to have built-in WIFI and refuse to buy a device without it. I spend $25 every three months for my pre-paid service through Cingular ($8.33 per month). I stream and browse every day using WIFI on our work and home networks. I use my plan to download traffic reports and live scores etcetera whenever I feel like it. The only time I could see myself using unlimited data would be to have continual traffic updates while driving (I live in SoCal). That's it. So, it's not worth it to me to pay out what those unlimited plans cost. With all the money I'm saving now ($500-ish a year), I'm gonna get me one of them fancy HTC Wings machines when they hit the streets! (That's my plan for now...anyway. wink.gif )

I just hope voices like mine are heard amid the din of all the comments I keep reading all over the place (certainly not just here) that seem to be saying WIFI has become passé since we're walking around with unlimited plans to use with EVDO etc. Which, of course, is not true of everyone.

Certainly, neither of you said this, but I've read on other sites where behavior like mine has been called stupid and dumb to not be using my device like you two are. I don't think I'm stupid...cheap, perhaps! wink.gif laugh.gif If I had to do it for work, I would...but, I don't so I don't.

Sorry for the interruption...now, back to anticipating abatis' number being ported and hearing back from him about how his i830 goes.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 23 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #11

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I think WiFi is great, I just said I don't use it outside of my home. A big part is most of my use is business and the 3G networks offer a little more security. I think in your situation that WiFi is a great connection tool. We have plugged free WiFi on a number of occasions, with stories on New York, London, Philly and San Fran.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 24 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Agreed, I love wifi. I'd use it over tethering to EVDO on my laptop for sure. If my phone had it built-in, I would use it sometimes. And I don't think everyone should have an unlimited data plan instead of wifi, everyone has different needs and should evaluate their usage as such. But most of the time when I use data on my phone it's when I'm not near a computer, and thus not near wifi. So for my situation, I don't mind the lack of wifi in a device. It's a nice feature to have, but not a deal breaker for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Mar 26 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #13

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Sometimes I wish I didn't travel internationally so much or I would really consider Sprint. Oh, and the fact that Cingular is the only provider base wide out here. Other carriers cover bits and peaces of base, but nothing base wide...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 AM