IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 8125 Re-Charging Problem, The unit won't take a charge.
TheDeliman
post Mar 2 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,755
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel
MP3 Player: Archos MP3

I was away from my 8125 and the unit completely discharged.

I discovered this when I attempted to see how much battery charge I had left when it attempted to turn on (the initial boot screen) and it froze on the non rotating windows icon. Then the unit turned off completely.

When I got to work, I plugged it into my USB port and the charge light didn't come on. I attempted to start the unit again while plugged in, and it didn't come up. I've removed the battery for 5 sec, and replaced it, still no indication or evidence that a charge was taking place. A reset button push yielded the same results.

The battery was operating fine holding a charge before my butt allowed it to drain.

Can anyone provide a recommendation or two about how to give this thing a jump start?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 2 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Here are a couple people that had the same problem. It looks like they basically removed the battery and SIM for a while, then plugged it in to the charger and left it plugged in for a while.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
TheDeliman
post Mar 2 2007, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Thanks SMEG36. I went and read some more about the problem. I ventured out into googleland and found a logical explanation and potential solution to the problem that I implemented, and it worked within 5 minutes.

The 8125 needs to activate it's charging logic circuits before charging current is applied to the battery. Here is the catch-22, the battery is dead to support the logic circuit, therefore charging does not occur. This accounts for some of the problems others have been experiencing.

(Disclaimer: Perform at your own risk!)
Short version: Go to a power supply of some sort (I used a variable DC power supply set at 5vdc) and place a direct source of 5dvc to the + & - ends of the terminials on the battery. (They are identified on the label.) Hold the leads in place for 3 mins and reinstall the battery into the device. Have the unit pre-plugged in and this proceedure will give the battery enough juice to activate the logic and allow charging current to the battery.

In a few mins, the system will allow full usage to features as the battery charges while plugged into the usb port.

Again, thanks for your help, and I hope this helps others in this same boat.

- TheDeliman

+Quote Post
TheDeliman
post Mar 2 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (TheDeliman @ Mar 2 2007, 12:58 PM) *
Thanks SMEG36. I went and read some more about the problem. I ventured out into googleland and found a logical explanation and potential solution to the problem that I implemented, and it worked within 5 minutes.

The 8125 needs to activate it's charging logic circuits before charging current is applied to the battery. Here is the catch-22, the battery is dead to support the logic circuit, therefore charging does not occur. This accounts for some of the problems others have been experiencing.

(Disclaimer: Perform at your own risk!)
Short version: Go to a power supply of some sort (I used a variable DC power supply set at 5vdc) and place a direct source of 5dvc to the + & - ends of the terminials on the battery. (They are identified on the label.) Hold the leads in place for 3 mins and reinstall the battery into the device. Have the unit pre-plugged in and this proceedure will give the battery enough juice to activate the logic and allow charging current to the battery.

In a few mins, the system will allow full usage to features as the battery charges while plugged into the usb port.

Again, thanks for your help, and I hope this helps others in this same boat.

- TheDeliman

I forgot to add that when you place the battery back into the unit, then turn on the unit, and then in a few mins......

- TheDeliman

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:33 AM