IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Push based ActiveSync on Exchange2003 with MPX220.
jlluck
post Mar 17 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,770
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC

I had a quick question about syncing with an Exchange server...
My wife has her boss' calendar and they're on an Exchange, when she syncs will she have the abiltiy to sync with HIS calendar? Or is she stuck with only her Inbox, Calendar, etc.?
She's only concerned too about syncing while connected to her PC and not worried about doing via the mobile internet. Unless (or) if anyone knows about connecting to corp systems via VPN. We connect via a Cisco VPN when at home to check email. Can this be done via the MPX220?

So it was a couple of quick questions smile.gif

thanks!

--------------------
alexrossart.com
capedwonder.com
--Superman imagery--
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Mar 18 2005, 11:58 AM
Post #22

Site Administrator

Member No.: 1,609
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile

You can only sync with your calendar.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
ssawin
post Jun 8 2005, 06:28 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 9,038

Hello,
I am new to the whole smartphone thing. I have a Cingular MPX220 and love it. I have set my phone to sync with my works Exchange 2003 server. I found a much easier way to set everything up check out this link.

https://www.mywindowsmobile.com

You just go to this site fill in the info and it sends everything to your phone. No setup on the phone is required.

But I have a problem. It synced up great the first few times but now it will only successfully sync if I keep clicking sync 10-20 times. The error is...

Synchronization failed. Try again later.

Error code: HTTP_100

Any ideas?

Thanks

+Quote Post
ssawin
post Jun 9 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #24

Ok I have found more that hopefully will help. My work exchange server is using SSL and form based authentiation, which microsoft says won't work unless you have a Front End server which I do. So yesterday I did a master reset on the phone, reloaded 1.43 cingular and syncing worked great most of the day. Later that evening it required me pushing sync 2 to 3 time to get it synced. Later on it took even more. So I then pointed my phone to my personal exchange 2003 server, works great. So I switched it back to my work exchange 2003 server and it worked perfectly for about 4-5 hrs. Now I am required to push it 2-3 time in order to sync.

Its like something it building up then it stops until you delete the connection and start over.

Any Ideas?

+Quote Post
ssawin
post Jun 10 2005, 03:33 AM
Post #25

Ok I am slowly learning more, but still with the same issue. I figured out if I just go into the phone and change the network settings from Automatic to Internet it will work good for about 1 hr then I switch it back and I have another hour.....a temp solution....but it works.

Any ideas? Its like the phone caches something and changing the smallest thing allows it to connect for a little bit, then the cache fills back up or soemthing. I did try clearing all the IE cache and that didn't have any affect

Any ideas?

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jun 10 2005, 11:48 AM
Post #26

Site Administrator

Your problem is pretty strange. If it works once, except for teh occasional connection problem it should work all of the time. Sounds to me like a problem phone.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
ssawin
post Jun 10 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #27

RESOLVED!!

So why might you ask. Yea I am wondering that also.
In IIS on the Exchange FE server I went the active sync folder in IIS went to properties and under security I changed it from Accept Client Certificates to Ingnore Client Certificates. I already have Require Secure channel SSL selected so its still secure.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jun 10 2005, 09:07 PM
Post #28

Site Administrator

QUOTE (ssawin @ Jun 10 2005, 02:10 PM)
RESOLVED!!

So why might you ask.  Yea I am wondering that also.
In IIS on the Exchange FE server I went the active sync folder in IIS went to properties and under security I changed it from Accept Client Certificates to Ingnore Client Certificates.  I already have Require Secure channel SSL selected so its still secure.

I have to guess there is something else wrong. If it works then stops working with no change from you there is an issue with (most likely) the phone. Have you tried hard resetting the phone?

Turning off security options just to make something work, then calling it a day isn't usually a wise choice.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
ssawin
post Jun 12 2005, 01:06 AM
Post #29

I found another person with the problem and thats how they solved it. works for me too. it think it has to do with our SSL cert for some reason.

This phones great when it works!! By far the best phone ever. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jun 12 2005, 11:38 AM
Post #30

Site Administrator

QUOTE (ssawin @ Jun 11 2005, 08:06 PM)
I found another person with the problem and thats how they solved it.  works for me too.  it think it has to do with our SSL cert for some reason. 

This phones great when it works!!  By far the best phone ever.   biggrin.gif

Can you post your fix here for others? Be as specific and step-by-step as you can be. We are all still learning about this capability and any problems we can document and solve makes us smarter. Thanks!

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
plain
post Sep 19 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 400
Phone: SX66/PDA2k
PocketPC: Other

I know this is kind of off topic. But I wanted to thank Nick Poore for this article.

I am actually using MPX 200 on Cingular with the settings that were posted in this article, and I cannot be happier with the current email configuation. Because the Active Synch is occurring in the back ground, without me having to open the phone, open outlook inbox, and manually trying to retrieve messages from the server, I seem to experience a longer battery life out of a single charge.

Happy happy joy joy... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Sep 20 2005, 10:25 AM
Post #32

Site Administrator

Yes, it's true. Exchange OTA Activesync is a great feature.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
latinkid109
post Oct 2 2005, 06:52 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 10,153

i need help with my motorola mpx220i put in a nextel sim and it always shows searching for services and it always ask's me either cingular or t-mobile but i want to use my nextel sim in it the phone is unlocked does any one have an idea i could use or something???

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 3 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #34

Site Administrator

The NEXTEL SIM is not compatible with the phone or the network provided by Cingular and T-Mobile. Sorry but you can't get there from here. Different technologies.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
alinefx
post Mar 2 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 6,138

The only thing better now is Blackberry Connect for MPX 220 available here

http://rapidshare.de/files/14327300/BBConn...41.cab.zip.html

... atleast till AKU2 is implemented for all WM5 products...

+Quote Post
ruolez
post May 18 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 12,151
Phone: MPx200
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
PMC: Other

Hey guys, I have MPx220 and I for some reason cant get it setup to sync with exchange 2003 at work. When SYnc first it syncs with the PC (no changes made since PC has no info on it) and then it tries to sync with the server, I tried using the network PC name of the server and the outside IP, but no luck. for some reason it doesnt like the username and password, just won't let me authentecate but I know the user and pass are correct.
\
Please help!

+Quote Post
tobiasj42
post Aug 3 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 3,922
PMC: Creative Zen

Well, I got the OTA sync part to work, and as long as I set it to sync every 5 minutes it works great but if I set it to sync as new items are available then I get an error saving the configuration on the sync and it wont work.

I noticed as I followed the instructions in the first post this section here is where my phone stops following the instructions
Once you have done this, then the phone will want to know what your mobile SMS address is.

Hit MENU -> Options -> 3.Server Settings -> 4.Connection
You will need to SCROLL DOWN through all the settings.
You will see some NEW options at the bottom of the list.
Address device using: SMTP Address
Service Provider name: TMobile (it pulled this from the server)
Device Phone number: wxxxyyyzzzz (it should auto-fill this for you)
Text Message address: wxxxyyyzzzz@tmomail.net

My phone asks for the sms address in the previous step not this one, and I have no option for the service provider name or device phone number, just the text message address...

So I am sure this is why it doesnt work, but does anyone know how to get around this?

-John

+Quote Post
kraven3d
post Oct 25 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 13,617
Phone: Samsung i730/830
PocketPC: Other

Ok, I think this is a great blog and a great job explaining all the issues and how to fix them. However, I seem to be missing something.

I have a Cingular 8125 and have been trying to setup OTA synching with my exchange 2003 sp2 server and keep getting errors.

I thought it was the cert I was using, so I bought a cert from Thawte as opposed to using a free one. But it still didn't work. I keep getting "Messages can not be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your email account settings are correct. Then, try to download messages again."

I was able to get it to send email once I connected it to my Active Synch, but it would not receive anything.

I am currently running the BIOS that supports the Enhanced Security that Microsoft tells me I need to be running to synch and I am connected to the internet through WAP.Cingular using the GPRS connection.

Does anyone have any information I might be missing? I have added a service under my ESM. I called it Cingular and the SMTP domain is @cingulargprs.com. OMA is active and I can connect to it from the phone. As well as enabled on the profiles I am trying to connect to the phone with.

I'm pretty stumped and figured this would be a lot easier to setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 26 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #39

Site Administrator

QUOTE (ruolez @ May 18 2006, 05:55 PM) *
Hey guys, I have MPx220 and I for some reason cant get it setup to sync with exchange 2003 at work. When SYnc first it syncs with the PC (no changes made since PC has no info on it) and then it tries to sync with the server, I tried using the network PC name of the server and the outside IP, but no luck. for some reason it doesnt like the username and password, just won't let me authentecate but I know the user and pass are correct.
\
Please help!

The user name should be just your login. Not a full email address. Like mine might be "Slacker". The password is whatever password you use to log in with your domain account. The domain name should be your NETBIOS domain and not necessarily your FQDN. For example, your netbios name might be "Marketing" but your FQDN might be "SalesAndMarketing.com". Use the NETBIOS name.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 26 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #40

Site Administrator

QUOTE (tobiasj42 @ Aug 3 2006, 09:58 AM) *
Well, I got the OTA sync part to work, and as long as I set it to sync every 5 minutes it works great but if I set it to sync as new items are available then I get an error saving the configuration on the sync and it wont work.

I noticed as I followed the instructions in the first post this section here is where my phone stops following the instructions
My phone asks for the sms address in the previous step not this one, and I have no option for the service provider name or device phone number, just the text message address...

So I am sure this is why it doesnt work, but does anyone know how to get around this?

-John

You also have to configure your mobile carrier information on the Exchange box so the server will know how to contact your device. Make sure you follow step 2 in Nick's instructions.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:15 AM