> Sim Unlock MPx200 Free!
XiSt3nCe
post Jan 31 2006, 08:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,873
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, I bought this firmware flash off ebay. Pretty much, it's a .img file that you flash your MPx200 with. At first I was like "No way is this going to work" But, I bought a Used MPx200 off ebay for my father to use, it was locked to AT&T. After I flashed it, it worked with his T-mobile sim. Well, it's a solution to paying like 30$ for an unlock.

The image file is availible for download link removed. Keep in mind this is at (YOUR OWN RISK) but let me know if you have success as I have, Thanks.

If this is in any way illegal, I'm sure it will be deleted promptly. But I fail to see how unlocking your phone is. Anyway, good luck!

Mod Edit-Link Removed

This post has been edited by smeg36: Jan 31 2006, 03:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Jan 31 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,805
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Asus
PMC: Other

XiSt3nCe, for sure pretty easy if you do not need your IMEI any more!
Look here please:
http://motofan.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=21075
Post # 3 - normal, but sophisticated way with saving IMEI data
Post # 11 - your "easy way" with destroying IMEI
I posted it half a year ago with all the utils and "how to" instructions for free in two languages (Russian and English).

--------------------
Remember, just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean that everyone's not out to get you.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously!

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jan 31 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Unlocking your phone isn't illegal, but modifying the IMEI is. Try dialing *#06# on your phone and see if the IMEI comes up. Chances are the person you purchased the unlock software from did it the wrong way and corrupted your IMEI. If you no longer have the original .raw file, your IMEI is gone for good. There are two ways of unlocking your phone using that software. The right way will leave your IMEI intact. The wrong way corrupts it.

The only reason we don't allow posting links to the software is because mobile companies block the IMEI of stolen phones. If someone steals a phone and the IMEI gets blocked, they could use this software to corrupt the IMEI and use the phone. I know I wouldn't want anyone using my phone if they stole it.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Blento
post Feb 3 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,889
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jan 31 2006, 05:48 PM)
The only reason we don't allow posting links to the software is because mobile companies block the IMEI of stolen phones.  If someone steals a phone and the IMEI gets blocked, they could use this software to corrupt the IMEI and use the phone.  I know I wouldn't want anyone using my phone if they stole it.

Well funny...T-com in other countrys has that option for stolen phone...but here in Croatia..they are just ripping us of ...bastards....i really hate T-scum these days...

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 3 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I don't think any of the carriers here in the US do this yet either, I'm not sure. I've never had a phone stolen. I know that blocked IMEIs don't get blocked in other countries. So someone who stole a phone could always sell it on ebay to someone living somewhere else in the world. My suggestion: keep your phone with you at all times so it doesn't get stolen. It has worked great for me.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
n3rxs
post May 22 2007, 02:52 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 15,404

QUOTE (XiSt3nCe @ Jan 31 2006, 08:27 AM) *
Well, I bought this firmware flash off ebay. Pretty much, it's a .img file that you flash your MPx200 with. At first I was like "No way is this going to work" But, I bought a Used MPx200 off ebay for my father to use, it was locked to AT&T. After I flashed it, it worked with his T-mobile sim. Well, it's a solution to paying like 30$ for an unlock.

The image file is availible for download link removed. Keep in mind this is at (YOUR OWN RISK) but let me know if you have success as I have, Thanks.

If this is in any way illegal, I'm sure it will be deleted promptly. But I fail to see how unlocking your phone is. Anyway, good luck!

Mod Edit-Link Removed

Well I cannot get my MPX200 to be see by software even though drivers are installed and the russian site has an img file to use which erases IMEI but you can't download without being a member and I don't read russian

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:19 AM