Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Active Sync Contact Options
xole
post Sep 20 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 174

I just plugged in my new 3125 today, replacing my SMT5600, and had to update to the newer version of activesync.

For some reason I no longer have the options for contacts anymore (to select categories). I have options for Calendar.

I can plug the 5600 in and it still has the contacts sync options. I have also tried deleting all partnerships and creating new....still no luck.

Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Sep 20 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I believe category filtering is not available in Windows Mobile 5. Agenda Fusion and other software may provide that type of support.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Sep 20 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

I typed in all my contacts into Outook and assigned them a category. Then I synced with my phone and when I go to contacts I can hit Menu, Filter and select a contact. Is this what you are talking about?

How to add categories to contacts in Outook 2003:

Open Outlook, create a new contact or highlight an exsisting one, click Edit, Categories. And there ya go. Create all the categories you want then assign them to your contacts of choice. To assign categories right click on a contact and select Categories. Hope this helps

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
xole
post Sep 21 2006, 02:11 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (omega2008 @ Sep 20 2006, 06:11 PM) *
I typed in all my contacts into Outook and assigned them a category. Then I synced with my phone and when I go to contacts I can hit Menu, Filter and select a contact. Is this what you are talking about?

Yea, I used categories to identify what I synced. I have a category setup that is actually a "no sync" category. Then through activesync/contacts/options I would tell activesync to sync all categories except the "no sync" category. This way I would not waste phone memory as well as delay the caller id lookup going through all of the extra contacts.

I can do the filter you mention but filter cannot include contacts with no category as well as ones with categories when you try to filter on multiple categories.

I guess I am just a little suprised/disapointed MS would remove this function.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Sep 21 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

I never noticed that they removed that as well as I never had a need for it. I just assumed it was there I guess, I am a bit suprised myself.
Just thought that I would note that I have a lot of contacts, and I have never seen any sort of callerID delay on any of my calls in or out.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Sep 21 2006, 08:56 AM
Post #6

Site Administrator

Member No.: 1,609
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Sep 21 2006, 12:06 AM) *
Just thought that I would note that I have a lot of contacts, and I have never seen any sort of callerID delay on any of my calls in or out.

The MPx220 I believe had significant delays with the photo caller ID if your contacts DB was extensive. But I haven't heard of that problem in ....... close to a year?

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
xole
post Sep 21 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Slacker @ Sep 21 2006, 04:56 AM) *
The MPx220 I believe had significant delays with the photo caller ID if your contacts DB was extensive. But I haven't heard of that problem in ....... close to a year?

Sorry, I should have been clearer about the slowness, it is not with the 3125...I guess my comment goes back to the original mpx200. That is when I originally started using categories. BTW, mpx200 is still going strong...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:25 PM