Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Lutz Haedrich from msmobiles.com has some great pictures and video of the new Samsung i320, aka the "Q Killer" .

You can see the review here.

Here is one teaser shot.

Attached Image

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jul 31 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

That's a nice looking device. I also like it's size. I prefer a flip style, but my heart skipped a beat when I looked at the photo you've posted here. I watched the clips available at the site you referenced, and I'm wondering if the devices that look like this are all soooooooo "clicky"? I noticed it when I watched a video awhile back showing the Q in action - and the Samsung is the same way. It seems each key press really "clicks" quite noticably.

That said, I've broken down and have bought an i-mate SP5m so I can try the built in wi-fi. It isn't here yet, so I have no first hand experience to draw from. But, here in the US, I could only get my hands on a T-Mobile SDA and noticed those keys seem loud too (when compared to my MPx200 and 220). Anyone else notice the "clicky-ness", or is it just me being too critical? With the 200 & 220 key clicks was a "sound" that could be turned off. With these newer phones it's the actual physical key press that causes the click so there's no way to "turn it off". dry.gif

Last thing, from the review site referenced above, I looked around a bit and saw mention of the still in development HTC Excalibur. It's the same form factor as this Samsung and the Q (although waaaaaaaaaaaaay less atractive than the Samsung IMHO - I'm not moved by the Q either). The Excalibur though, is roumored to have wi-fi on board. I'll be watching with interest (and hoping they change the cosmetics BIG TIME). Even if it turns out I can't live without wi-fi on my phone, AND I was in the mood to upgrade my device, I would not buy the Excalibur as it looks today. Ick. I hope HTC in listening! The posts over there so far only had one person who seemed to like how it looked.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 1 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

After reviewing the specs on this Samsung, I see it's a tri-band phone. When I asked for input when I was thinking of upgrading from my MPx200 to my 220, one of the things pointed out to me was that the 200 was only tri band (220=quad band) and that the towers it uses are being phased out here in the US. Am I missing some critical info here, or is the new Samsung in the same boat as my old 200? ohmy.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 15 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Jul 31 2006, 04:49 PM) *
I watched the clips available at the site you referenced, and I'm wondering if the devices that look like this are all soooooooo "clicky"? I noticed it when I watched a video awhile back showing the Q in action - and the Samsung is the same way. It seems each key press really "clicks" quite noticably.
Just following up...I got my new i-mate SP5m and yes, it's clicky. I wish the key pushes were more quiet like my MPx220. Maybe it'll get better (quieter) with some use? <fingers crossed> Also, I'm REAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLY enjoying having wifi built in! I'm so glad I finally have that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
abatis
post Aug 16 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint

Have you gone to settings and stifled the click?

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 16 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Yes. I've shut off the sounds menu\keypad control 'sound'. I'm talking about the actual physical key that makes a click noise when pressed. When I watched the Q video and then the Samsung video, it really stood out to me how I could hear each key being pressed. Turns out my new i-mate is the same way. Neither of my MPx phones make that loud of a noise when I'm pressing the keys. You know how some computer keyboards are really loud and others are more quiet? Same thing here. I say that as I notice the noise I'm making as I'm typing this on my laptop! laugh.gif You get used to it after awhile. I've already gotten used to it with my i-mate. But, in the beginning it was sort of annoying. I forgive it though, for all the cool things it can do! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
princeasim
post Oct 1 2006, 01:32 AM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,474
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: Other
MP3 Player: iPod Video
PMC: Other

Hi,

I just got myself a Samsung SGH I320 Smartphone, it is a great phone! I just have problems with the WAP browser settings, I am with fido and it just doesn't work. Does anyone know what settings i need to put for WAP?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:34 PM