IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help with mpx220 phone, all shortcuts in windows mobile says can't be found
jdjanie
post Apr 1 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,233
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

Hi I hope I am posting in the right section...please forgive me if I am not. I am new to the board. I am so distraught with this mpx220 phone. I bought it last year of may 2007 for my teen daugther. It worked very well until sept of 07. I don't know what happened one day my daughter turned it on and none of the windows shortcuts works anymore it says error opening shorcut or locating the target filename. Well i did not know what to do...i just took the sim card out and gave her my cell phone to use ...i thought maybe it would just kick back in windows would start back working on it. Well i got the phone back out today and after all those months just be in storage nothing has not changed with the phone. None of the shortcuts show up and pushing start on give me a blank...none of my info is not there can't get to contacts, settings or nothing. I thought i would search the internet for help and that is how I found u guys. I hate to throw this phone out because it can make calls and recieved calls but i can't set the time, see contacts get messages or see any shortcuts. Please do anyone know what is wrong with i guess windows mobile on it. I wonder is there anything that can be done.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Apr 1 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I would suggest you hard reset the phone. This will reprogram it to it's orginal state. You will loose any data/programs you have added to the phone. Hopefully the contacts are copied on the SIM. Use Jeyo Companion (free trial) to copy SMS and contacts from the phone with activesync if you want.

From Muchomorek "Press and hold the blue action key and switch on the phone. If it asks you to format press yes.
After you have to power it on again."

Make sure the phone is fully charged before you try a hard reset. Also be aware that a reset could fail if your firmware is botched - the phone could brick.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:43 PM