Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Satisfaction Level
twsiple
post Sep 3 2004, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,510

How pleased are you with this phone? My Mpx200 has served me well since December, however I am looking to upgrade. This seems like a rock solid Business Tool and I would like your toughts. $599 is not a bad price for a non-subsidized phone with all of these features.

Thanks,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Sep 3 2004, 03:35 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I know Abatis will give it two thumbs up. I haven't used, or seen, one but just about everyone that have give it good reviews.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
abatis
post Sep 6 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Smeg is correct on the two thumbs up. I think Sierra Wireless really thought the phone out and did a great job with the SmartPhone 2003 OS intergration. The MPX200 had funky quirks even before all of us started loading hot ROMs on it. The VOQ just works. I also think it is great that Voq actually trusts us, yes us, the end user to run the firmware upgrades as they post them on their site. You have to go underground with Motorola.

I have to admit I like the Voq's shape. Some reviewers have not. To me it is an ergonomic design, it fits well in the hand. As far as beauty, everyone has a different taste. I was at our companies headquarters last week and our chief IT manager saw my Voq. He loved the look. He has an I600 and he thought the Voq was better looking. To each his own.

I think they will be out in the US very shortly so you might be able to get a subsidized unit. If you are like me if you look around you can find them for sale. I think MobilePlanet has some decent prices for a preorder, $499. You will not need the Voq Mail unless your company wants to run it.
http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?de...30430&listing=1

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:38 PM