Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Battery Usage?
sclui56
post Sep 25 2004, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,021

Have my A11 unit since Thursday, while everything about this phone is quite stable, I have noticed some unusual battery reading offf my sample.

For instance, the battery gauge never gets to 100%, 99% is the best I can achieve, at forst I simply thought it may be calibration since the LED has a solid green everytime before I remove the AC adapter. Then it drops to 91-92% in 30 mins or so without doing anything other than 1 voice call of 2 mins.

Since my battery is still rather new, I would like to hear from other users if this improves over time?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Sep 27 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I am getting a solid two days with pretty heavy use with my A10. I have a A11 as well but haven't used it enough to gauge the battery. They should be the same. If your battery charge indicator goes green you can pull out the charger than reconnect it. After the second insertion when it goes green that is about as much as you can charge it.

The included RESCO Task Manager is handy for seeing and shutting off stuff that maybe running.

Sclui56, Lets try this: Charge up to green overnight, than run the phone without a charge until the low battery alarm goes off using the phone as we would normally use it. We can compare results back here. I will also charge up the A11 and just let it sit turned on but without use and see about standby.

I am stilling waiting on my cradle charger from Mobile Planet.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Sep 27 2004, 07:02 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,021

Thanks for the response, I have used the "double" charge trick and it brought the charge to full (ok, 99%) the second time around. I spoke with Ken @ support & he indicated this seems consistent with his experience on his unit. My initial concern is that when the green LED is lit, the logic tells the phone to stop the trickle charge so even if the AC is connected, the phone won't resume trickle charge until the battery falls below a certain %, and that may very well be the case.

The A11 is performing very well in terms of RF in So Cal, in certain spots where I would even have trouble with a Nokia 3650, this A11 works without hesitation. I have yet to get the IMAP working off the Voq personal mail, I suspect it has to do with the lack of port assignment (strange thing is the default inbox allows for it). The only other thing I haven't worked out is jMMS, I have all the correct settings off T-Mo (confirmed on other handsets as well as PPC PE), yet I failed to send. but that is really a non-issue at this time.

I use x-bar 2 for switching, and it seems to work well except key #2 (kill all apps) don't seem to work.

The real test is to put this in the hands of some other users because I have yet to crash this puppy, but then again, I am fairly good in keeping running apps to a minimum wink.gif I think the biggest hurdle for me is to convince users that these devices are DIFFERENT, and they cannot expect exceptional battery life, getting 1 day of use is considered very good IMHO. BTW, I am getting at least 3 days of good use on a ingle charge off the Treo 600.

Will keep you posted on the battery issue. Thanks.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Sep 28 2004, 05:08 PM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

On the MMS issue. Mine works great on the VOQ. I do not know if you have the T-MO Unlimited Data Plan, but it includes 100 MMS messages in the package. I have MMS set up on my wifes phone with T-mobile but her plan does not have picture mnessage and thus will not send.

On the crash issue - I have not had any issues and I have loaded and removed a lot of stuff on this phone plus I upgraded on my A10 and A11.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:14 AM