Group: Members
Member No.: 16,086
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
Secondary Carrier: Cingular
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: iPod Video
PMC: Other

I'm new to the Cingular 3125 and i already love this phone. The only problem is since i bought the phone in like-new condition, physically it is flawless, it functions perfectly and includes ALL accessories, except the CD that has all the software on it. I've Googled and tried to find the original software but i cant find it. Can anyone help me either by telling me what components are on it and ill download them individually if i have to, posting download links to the components on the CD, or perhaps telling me which ones i actually need so i can just google those by themselves and download them. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jan 12 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint

Unless you need Outlook which is complimentary on the CD there is really nothing on the CD that you need. Get the latest version of ActiveSync from Microsoft for your PC. The latest firmware, user manual etc, for the phone can be found at HTC-AMERICA. The 3125 is a nice Windows Mobile Smartphone. I have two that my kids use and just sold another one to a good friend. My favorite flipper to date and pretty good battery life. You will be pleased with the phone.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
Esquared
post Jan 12 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (abatis @ Jan 12 2008, 07:37 AM) *
Unless you need Outlook which is complimentary on the CD there is really nothing on the CD that you need. Get the latest version of ActiveSync from Microsoft for your PC. The latest firmware, user manual etc, for the phone can be found at HTC-AMERICA. The 3125 is a nice Windows Mobile Smartphone. I have two that my kids use and just sold another one to a good friend. My favorite flipper to date and pretty good battery life. You will be pleased with the phone.

Thank you for that abatis! Just one more question, I don't know if its something i did wrong or what but are the numbers on the keypad itself supposed to illuminate at night? I cant really tell but it appears as if they're solid and light cant pass through then again ive owned a motorola razr with a similar style keypad and those lit up but it looked slightly different(you could see through the numbers). Or is it because this morning i accidently dropped it and perhaps fragged whatever controls the light behind the keypad?

+Quote Post
Esquared
post Jan 12 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Esquared @ Jan 12 2008, 02:15 PM) *
Thank you for that abatis! Just one more question, I don't know if its something i did wrong or what but are the numbers on the keypad itself supposed to illuminate at night? I cant really tell but it appears as if they're solid and light cant pass through then again ive owned a motorola razr with a similar style keypad and those lit up but it looked slightly different(you could see through the numbers). Or is it because this morning i accidently dropped it and perhaps fragged whatever controls the light behind the keypad?

UPDATE: Since the light never went on anyway due to the settings i had under power management, i never would have known that it had a backlight(although obviously i could have assumed that it would have one). So sure enough mine wont go on but i dont think its related to me dropping it since nothing else seems to have changed. I'ved messed around with all the settings under Power Management but it still wont go on. If this helps: im still on the original ROM update of 2.4.xxx

Any advice? Or am i stuck without a backlight now unless i buy another phone?

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jan 12 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

First turn the sensor off in the settings and see what happens. Since you just got the phone I would recommend you give it a good charge and flash it with the latest ROM. That way you know it is software clean and has the latest software. The backlight on the keys can be finicky. There is a small sensor on the front I think on the lower leff opposite the little speaker hole. Try covering it with your finger. Back your contacts up to your SIM before you flash.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
Esquared
post Jan 13 2008, 02:30 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (abatis @ Jan 12 2008, 03:09 PM) *
First turn the sensor off in the settings and see what happens. Since you just got the phone I would recommend you give it a good charge and flash it with the latest ROM. That way you know it is software clean and has the latest software. The backlight on the keys can be finicky. There is a small sensor on the front I think on the lower leff opposite the little speaker hole. Try covering it with your finger. Back your contacts up to your SIM before you flash.

Ok I tried turning the light sensor off to see if that made a difference. Did not make a difference. I did notice though when I looked closer that when I open it, the keypad light flickers on for a split second(must be in the fractions of a second) then turns off and won't come on again until I close the phone for about 10 seconds then re-open it and it does the same thing again. So I know it is getting power and isn't burned out but I don't know why it won't stay on. Any ideas? I'm updating the firmware tonight but do you think that could be the problem?

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jan 13 2008, 06:12 AM
Post #7

Site Administrator
Group Icon

With that sensor turned off the keypad should light up whenever the phone is open. With he sensor ON it should only turn on with low light conditions. I tested that with one of my 3125s. Let's see how it behaves after the flash.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
Esquared
post Jan 13 2008, 07:10 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (abatis @ Jan 12 2008, 10:12 PM) *
With that sensor turned off the keypad should light up whenever the phone is open. With he sensor ON it should only turn on with low light conditions. I tested that with one of my 3125s. Let's see how it behaves after the flash.

Flashed the ROM to update from 2.4.xxx to 4.1.xxx. keypad still does same flickering thing. im beginning to think the pad is defective. since its an older phone it doesnt have a warranty any more on it. any suggestions? i appreciate your help through this man this is frustrating.

+Quote Post
Esquared
post Jan 13 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Esquared @ Jan 12 2008, 11:10 PM) *
Flashed the ROM to update from 2.4.xxx to 4.1.xxx. keypad still does same flickering thing. im beginning to think the pad is defective. since its an older phone it doesnt have a warranty any more on it. any suggestions? i appreciate your help through this man this is frustrating.

Still cant get it to work even after disassembling the entire phone including keypad. Looks like im just going to have to buy another 3125.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:21 PM