Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MPx220 Help!
Appatight
post Jul 27 2006, 03:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,993

My mpx220 is doing something weird. When it charges it only charges to a single battery bar on the indicator. I'm sure it's charging way more than that because I leave it on the charger all day. It also does it on the new battery. It's actually charging because it shows the charging icon on the phone. Anybody know what's wrong.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jul 27 2006, 06:31 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (Appatight @ Jul 26 2006, 08:44 PM) *
...I'm sure it's charging way more than that because I leave it on the charger all day....
I don't know what's going on since it happens with the new battery as well. Have you used the battery after it says it's only at one bar (but, you've had it charging all day) - how long did it last? Was it normal, or shorter than normal? That would tell if it's really charging, or not. Also, have you checked another place the phone offers battery info to see what it says (besides the 3 bar battery indicator in the icon bar)? Under settings\9 More...\5 Power Management - does it show the battery is fully charged, or not? Again, I have no suggestions why what is happening is happening. But, if it were my phone, I'd be looking where I suggested.

I've seen the "plugged in" indicator on my phone before, but when I go to a task manager that I've added to my phone - it shows it's still using battery power and is NOT really charging. So, when I plug mine in to charge now, I always bring up the task manager to verify that it is indeed charging. I think the task manager I'm using was on the disk that came with my 220. It's the "Motorola Task Manager".

The charging/data connecter on the 220 is known to have issues and many have reported success charging from the USB cable when they can't use the home charger any longer. Others have resorted to buying a stand-alone battery charger to resolve the issue and sync via infrared or BlueTooth.

Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
booznet
post Dec 7 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,021
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Orange
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Portable Media Center
PMC: Other
Google Talk ID: booznet

HI, i got an issue with my MPX220, suddenly it doesn't work, is like it freeze... i can't use it beacause it doesn't respond... i push the home buttton and others button and do nothing i guess the OS its damage... so i just want to know where i can find the Windows 2003 mobil, and how can i install it?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 7 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

You don't need to completely reinstall the OS when something like that occurs. You could fix the problem with a soft or hard reset. I'd try just power cycling the phone first (turning it off and on, or taking the battery out and putting it back in then turning it on) and see if the problem still exists. If it does, try doing a hard reset by holding down the blue button while powering the phone on. When prompted, choose to do the master reset. That will probably fix the problem if a soft reset/power cycle doesn't.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:30 PM