> What should be the next SP for me?
frank.lui
post Apr 1 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Orange

First I have to confess I am a gadget fan and always looking foe something interesting. Couple of years ago, after I gave up my interest in old cameras, I started looking for something else. I, by chance, stepped into this forum and it really attracted me to Microsoft smart phone. After read a lot of threads, I decided to buy my first SP, MPx200. After explored its fun (downsides, as well) I felt a bit bored. So I moved to MPx220 sometime ago, as some of you recommended. Compared to MPx200, MPx220 does have a lot more and helped me killed a lot of time. Unfortunately, I feel bored of MPx220 now.

So what is your suggestion to me of my next Microsoft based smart phone?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Apr 1 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

If you read my thread from CTIA, you'll see some pictures of the SPV E650 aka HTC Vox. That's a sweet phone, well worth looking at. Depending on what your usage is, you may want to wait for the HTC Wings, but the Vox is a dang nice phone. The Motorola q9, seen here is supposed to be coming out sometime this summer as well. Another great option.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
frank.lui
post Apr 1 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Apr 1 2007, 05:59 PM) *
If you read my thread from CTIA, you'll see some pictures of the SPV E650 aka HTC Vox. That's a sweet phone, well worth looking at. Depending on what your usage is, you may want to wait for the HTC Wings, but the Vox is a dang nice phone. The Motorola q9, seen here is supposed to be coming out sometime this summer as well. Another great option.

They are interesting stuff, especially Wings. I do not use my mobile phone a lot (actually very little). I just like to play with the new things.

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Apr 2 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

The Cingular 3125 is a really nice flip phone like you're accustomed to using. If you really want to dig in and "play", pickup the HTC Wizard (known here in the US as the T-Mobile MDA) and then click on XDA-Developers in the MobileGadgetNews Friends box in the left hand column of this page. They have tons of things you can "play" with on that device over there. Plus the different platform should give you something new to delve into.

I did exactly that, and liked playing around with the MDA. It didn't win me away from my i-mate SP5m Smartphone. But, I do enjoy trying things out on it and seeing just what it can do and how it differs from Smartphones etc.

Wings is a step up from either of these two devices though, for sure, and if you're in no hurry the GPS thing might be interesting for you to wait for.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
frank.lui
post Apr 4 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Apr 2 2007, 07:43 PM) *
The Cingular 3125 is a really nice flip phone like you're accustomed to using. If you really want to dig in and "play", pickup the HTC Wizard (known here in the US as the T-Mobile MDA) and then click on XDA-Developers in the MobileGadgetNews Friends box in the left hand column of this page. They have tons of things you can "play" with on that device over there. Plus the different platform should give you something new to delve into.

I did exactly that, and liked playing around with the MDA. It didn't win me away from my i-mate SP5m Smartphone. But, I do enjoy trying things out on it and seeing just what it can do and how it differs from Smartphones etc.

Wings is a step up from either of these two devices though, for sure, and if you're in no hurry the GPS thing might be interesting for you to wait for.

When I had my last Xmas holiday in Far East, I had a chance to play Cingular 3125. It is called Dopod there. Very slim but not too far away from MPX220, I think. I t is a interesting idea to look at MDA (or PDA phone in UK?). I will have a look at the web you pointed. Thanks a lot!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:38 AM