IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> pop3 email problem, sda won't find new emails anymore!
stark
post May 13 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,624
Phone: HTC Hurricane
Carrier: T-Mobile

all the sudden, my sda wont find new email. the settings havent changed, and it still connects, logs on, but then it says "sending and receiving" and "disconnecting" without getting any email. i havent changed any of my settings, on the phone or on gmail (the email provider i am using)

has anyone experienced this before, and/or does anyone have any advice? not getting new email on my phone is totally the worst problem i could have with it.

thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post May 13 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Try going to the Gmail site and checking the POP settings to be sure. I've had them automatically reset to different settings before for POP and forwarding.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
stark
post May 13 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,624
Phone: HTC Hurricane
Carrier: T-Mobile

i did that and they looked fine, but just in case, i manually reset them to be for now forwarding. then i resest again to be for forwarding. now it works fine!

weird, but it worked, so i guess if this happens to anyone in the future, best advice is to go to gmail, disable and then enable with ideal settings.

thanks for indirect help though- without it id still be pissed- now im not!

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Sep 7 2006, 05:12 AM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I had a little different problem, but it fits this description so I'll add it here.

I had a problem getting AvantGo to sync via wifi using my setup at home. It had been working just fine, but then all of the sudden it kept failing. Then all of the sudden I couldn't get my email either. I went through all my settings on the phone, knowing I hadn't changed anything, but just to be sure. I removed the Cingular settings, reset the phone, then reloaded the cab file from this site and still no go. I turned off and reset my cable modem, phone, and laptop. It still didn't work. I drove up the street to see if I could connect to the wifi at the local cafe, which I could without a problem. So, I knew the phone and the settings in the phone were fine.

Turned out I'd missed one link in the chain...my wireless router. I unplugged everything overnight. Plugged everything back in in the a.m. and it all worked just as it had before. I don't know why it happened, but I'll start there if it ever happens again!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:25 PM