IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A quick question about USB charging...
kain144000
post Jun 10 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,468

Hey, everyone,
I believe I've looked all over for, but can't find information on, whether or not I can charge my Treo 700wx via USB w/o a cradle. I know there's a reg hack to disable USB charging for devices supporting, so I would assume that I just add this reg key and DWORD value, correct? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 'Not lookin' to brick m'phone, y'know? :-)
Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 10 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

The only thing you need to sync via USB is a third party sync/charge cable, like this one.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
kain144000
post Jun 10 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jun 10 2007, 10:58 AM) *
The only thing you need to sync via USB is a third party sync/charge cable, like this one.

Hey, smeg36,
Thanks for the reply. I've seen these, and as a matter of fact, I was going to get one as a last resort. This brings me to the questions, will the reg hack work with the OEM USB cable, and what is it about the different USB cables that [en/dis]able charging? Thanks.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 10 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I've never heard of any reghack to allow usb charging from the included usb cable. I think the included cable has different wiring than the kind that will charge as well, and that's the reason it doesn't. I could be wrong, but the whole time I had the 700w and 700wx I never saw anyone charging over usb with the included cable.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
kain144000
post Jun 11 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jun 10 2007, 12:53 PM) *
I've never heard of any reghack to allow usb charging from the included usb cable. I think the included cable has different wiring than the kind that will charge as well, and that's the reason it doesn't. I could be wrong, but the whole time I had the 700w and 700wx I never saw anyone charging over usb with the included cable.

Thanks again for the reply. I've gone ahead and ordered a sync & charge cable. 'Found a retractable one on ebay.com for about $5 all together. For components and accessories, you can find some real steals there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:49 PM